Screen Darkening

danbee46

Reaction score
When I click on various links the screen on my AT&T S3 will darken. For example, from the home screen I tap on the weather and the weather screen opens. I then tap on the location and, again, the new screen opens with no problem. However, if I then tap on an individual day from the six days at the bottom of the screen, a new screen opens and is much darker than it should be. It's so dark that it's hard to read. Any idea as to why this is happening?

melonline

Reaction score
For me it was the browser was always dim, perhaps your selection is using the browser which like mine would dim. To correct this, go to settings, display and uncheck the auto adjust screen tone. I was told that all Samsung G3 phones come setup with the least demand on the battery and that this setting is by default on. I hope this works for you.

snake3264

Reaction score
Hey hope all well, I had that problem, I opened browser hit menu options click brightness and set to default. Now it's much better

OP
danbee46

danbee46

Reaction score
Found the solution

The fix did not involve the settings brightness controls. When on the dimmed page (browser or not) I tapped the menu button and found a second brightness control. I disabled the automatic brightness and used the slider and the problem was resolved.

thetanman101

Reaction score
The fix did not involve the settings brightness controls. When on the dimmed page (browser or not) I tapped the menu button and found a second brightness control. I disabled the automatic brightness and used the slider and the problem was resolved.
I am having this issue anytime I open my Internet browser. Are you saying I should go to the Google setting for a screen brightness adjustment? All I can find are settings for search options. Or are you talking about a menu button on the phone itself?

OP
danbee46

danbee46

Reaction score
I am having this issue anytime I open my Internet browser. Are you saying I should go to the Google setting for a screen brightness adjustment? All I can find are settings for search options. Or are you talking about a menu button on the phone itself?

Open the browser that came with the phone. Then tap on the phone's menu button to the left of the home button. One of the options there should be "Brightness and colors." Make sure "automatic brightness" is unchecked and then use the slider to adjust the brightness. Now, even if you start using an alternative browser, the dimming problem should be resolved.

thetanman101

Reaction score
You solved my problem. Thanks for your help and suggestion! Internet surfing was miserable!

OP
danbee46

danbee46

Reaction score
You solved my problem. Thanks for your help and suggestion! Internet surfing was miserable!

Glad I could help. I love this phone but some of the things are definitely not intuitive.

gamerThe0ne

Reaction score
Answer to dimming issue

Besides turning off the auto dimming, Turn off POWER SAVING. It's located between Auto Rotation and Blocking Mode (4.1.1) in the "swipe down" menu.

NutZ

Reaction score
Besides turning off the auto dimming, Turn off POWER SAVING. It's located between Auto Rotation and Blocking Mode (4.1.1) in the "swipe down" menu.

that was driving me crazy even though the auto was off it would still dim. it drove me crazy thanks for the tip