Screen Brightness/Phone Overheating/Battery Drain

FightinTexasAggie

Reaction score
Just lately my Droid started having several issues that I consider major. I believe all the problems are related. First I noticed how hot my phone was getting. During normal use the battery will ranger from 115 - 130 degrees. I am guessing this is the reason my battery drains rapidly. If I fully charge my phone, it will be dead after about 1 hour of straight use. Today I noticed what I think is the source of my problems. The screen brightness will not adjust, automatically or manually. It will stay at full brightness any time the screen is on. My phone is rooted, I ran SS 5.4 for a while with no issues, then out of nowhere the problems started. Does anyone have any ideas or is it time to go back to stock and take it to Verizon?

movistar26

Reaction score
Almost same problem

My Droid 2 recently went through a system update, since then it's been running hot, locking up and draining the batter. When I first got the phone I had to have the batter replaced and then the phone itself because it was running hot. I am now waiting for my second replacement. Love the phone, but this is annoying.