Scratches/Smudges on INSIDE of Screen - HTC Thunderbolt

bschlott

Reaction score
I received my HTC Thunderbolt on Tuesday. Today, I noticed what appeared to be a smudge on the screen that would not go away. I hadn't noticed it until today when I used it outside in the bright light for the first time. Upon further inspection with a flashlight, I noticed that the smudges (or scratches) are on the inside of the glass screen. Obviously, this is a bit disappointing. I am thinking about going to the Verizon store tomorrow to request a new one. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think they will replace my phone? Trying to see what you guys think/see if anyone else has this problem.

Beardface

Reaction score
I received my HTC Thunderbolt on Tuesday. Today, I noticed what appeared to be a smudge on the screen that would not go away. I hadn't noticed it until today when I used it outside in the bright light for the first time. Upon further inspection with a flashlight, I noticed that the smudges (or scratches) are on the inside of the glass screen. Obviously, this is a bit disappointing. I am thinking about going to the Verizon store tomorrow to request a new one. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think they will replace my phone? Trying to see what you guys think/see if anyone else has this problem.
Take it back. Factory defect that got through the filters.

How long have you had the device? Generally, they'll make an in-store trade for something thats within 30 days.

OP
B

bschlott

Reaction score
I just got it on Tuesday, so I've had it for about 4 days. Thanks for the information about this in-store trade.

astang99

Reaction score
I love it...except for the fact that I dropped mine on my table and the screen cracked immediately...stupid weak glass!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums