SBF Version Question

jstrick5

Reaction score
I've been searching through the forums for awhile now and still haven't identified exactly which SBF file is the one I need. (at least verified enough to make me sure I've got the correct one)

System Version: 2.3.15
Android Version 2.2.1

The SBF I just downloaded is "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.zip"

I'm currently running Rubix Focused 1.9.0 and my end goal is to get to 1.9.5. To do this I thought I'd SBF back to stock, accept the OTA, then Install 1.9.5.

Do I have the correct SBF? Is the file I have only for 2.2 and not 2.2.1?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey there...

The >>>VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 is the file I used to flash before I updated OTA to 2.3.340.

Make sure your bootloader is 30.03 and not 30.04.

Last edited:

haledroid

Reaction score
To run rubix 1.9.5 you have to be on system version 2.3.340

Dont get in a hurry and read every bit of info on the link posted below.. DROID X 2.3.340 System SBF Released for 2.3.320 Leak Users - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Be sure to install 2.3.320 first

I made the mistake of flashing 2.3.340 over 2.3.315. Luckly I had a 2.3.315 sbf and was able to flash back to that version. I thought I bricked my phone.

First you have to upgrade to 2.3.320, this is done by downloading the zip from droidlife and flashing it with clockwork. You will loose root so make sure you have a current copy of z4root and bootstrap on your sdcard so the program can be easily installed. I used apkinstaller from the market

After that to get to the leaked version you will need to download the 2.3.340 sbf and install/flash using rds lite by motorola. The link posted will have instructions for everything you need.

pm me or reply to my post if you have any questions.

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
No offense to haledroid but I think he is incorrect. If you want to be current you need to accept the OTA which will take you to 2.3.340. This is what most of the roms are built on. The absolute only reason you would flash the 2.3320 full sbf is if you brick the phone while on 340. His route will not get you a current kernal/bootloader/baseband. Originally 2.3.320 was only used by people who flashed the TBH leak...then it was announced by Verizon that the OTA would be 2.3.340 so TBH did create 4 zip files that will bring you up to date. If you just accept the OTA and reroot you can avoid the 4 files necessary if you're on 320. Hope this helps.
Again nothing against haledroids advise.

Sent from my DROIDX

haledroid

Reaction score
The sbf I flashed updated everything, but the kernel is a little bit different from the .zip Tatuud is talking about. The Kernel version number is 2.6.32.9 but the letters after the numbers are different.

After the flash without using the zips my system info is below.
Bootloader is 30.04
Baseband is BP_C_1.09.07P
Kernel 2.6.32.9-gca645b6

Below is a link to the four zip files tatuud was talking about.
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Thanks

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
Yes sir those are the 4 files you would need if trying to go from 2.3.320 to 2.3.340. The easiest way to get to 2.3.340 with current bootloader/kernal/baseband from 2.3.15 is to use the full 2.3.15 sbf, accept the OTA and reroot. Those files are only necessary if you flashed the 2.3.320 leak. I would however keep copies of those 4 files should find yourself stuck in 2.3.340.

Edit: by the way if you're not on the current bootloader/kernal/baseband certain roms you flash will not allow you to use media on the phone...so obviously you want to be as current as possible with all aspects of the phone.
Sent from my DROIDX

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes sir those are the 4 files you would need if trying to go from 2.3.320 to 2.3.340. The easiest way to get to 2.3.340 with current bootloader/kernal/baseband from 2.3.15 is to use the full 2.3.15 sbf, accept the OTA and reroot. Those files are only necessary if you flashed the 2.3.320 leak. I would however keep copies of those 4 files should find yourself stuck in 2.3.340.

Edit: by the way if you're not on the current bootloader/kernal/baseband certain roms you flash will not allow you to use media on the phone...so obviously you want to be as current as possible with all aspects of the phone.
Sent from my DROIDX

Agreed^^^

There is no need to take a long route in order to get there. I flashed the full sbf I posted above

and then received the OTA 2.3.340 update. Now I can flash anything for 2.3.320 and above and I'm

completely current with the 30.04 bootloader.

OP
J

jstrick5

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Agreed^^^

There is no need to take a long route in order to get there. I flashed the full sbf I posted above

and then received the OTA 2.3.340 update. Now I can flash anything for 2.3.320 and above and I'm

I guess I should have also posted I'm on the 30.04 Bootloader as well. I'm still new at rooting, SBF, hacking in general so I'm just starting to identify all the variables involved and just figured out how to find my bootloader version. (hold pwr btn, camera, vol down while booting - for anyone looking like me)

So, with the following:

Bootloader: 30.04
Android Version 2.2.1

From what I've read in responses, the "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01" SBF is NOT the (droid) SBF I'm looking for since my bootloader is 30.04... correct? Anyone know what the filename is of the SBF I need?

Again thanks for the advice - I agree with the SBF back to stock and OTA route, I think that's the easiest/least painful method to get me on the correct path and 2.3.340.

tatuud

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Agreed^^^

I guess I should have also posted I'm on the 30.04 Bootloader as well. I'm still new at rooting, SBF, hacking in general so I'm just starting to identify all the variables involved and just figured out how to find my bootloader version. (hold pwr btn, camera, vol down while booting - for anyone looking like me)

So, with the following:

Bootloader: 30.04
Android Version 2.2.1

From what I've read in responses, the "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01" SBF is NOT the (droid) SBF I'm looking for since my bootloader is 30.04... correct? Anyone know what the filename is of the SBF I need?

Again thanks for the advice - I agree with the SBF back to stock and OTA route, I think that's the easiest/least painful method to get me on the correct path and 2.3.340.

there is a thread in this forum where someone did flash 2.3.15 over 2.3.151 and it worked. the only difference is now you're on 2.3.15, which should still let you accept the OTA. So i'm assuming you're on 2.3.151 with bootloader 30.04. here is the thread, you may want to pm the person and confirm. i have also read elsewhere where people have done this successfully. i wouldn't flash anything but the full 2.3.15 sbf even if i was on 2.3.151, per TBH either bootloader 30.03 or 30.04 are compatible.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/105654-will-2-3-15-flash-over-2-3-151-a.html

OP
J

jstrick5

Reaction score
I ended using the Happy_Holidays_From_TBH.zip file containing VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf. This got me to 2.2.1 with System Version 2.3.320. I tried to check for a System Update but this kept telling me I was up to date. I think b/c my Baseband and Kernel Versions were both the most recent. I just used the Patch file to update to 2.3.340 and I seem to be good running Focused 1.9.5.

Little more of a pain then I first expected but I'm where I want to be now. Thanks for everyone's help/advice.

tatuud

Reaction score
I ended using the Happy_Holidays_From_TBH.zip file containing VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf. This got me to 2.2.1 with System Version 2.3.320. I tried to check for a System Update but this kept telling me I was up to date. I think b/c my Baseband and Kernel Versions were both the most recent. I just used the Patch file to update to 2.3.340 and I seem to be good running Focused 1.9.5.

Little more of a pain then I first expected but I'm where I want to be now. Thanks for everyone's help/advice.

glad it worked out but you should be aware that if you didn't update with all 4 files your kernal and other aspects of the phone aren't current with the OTA. you should go to "my droid world" and read up on the 4 files that will bring you current. There have been a lot of issues with media not working properly due to incorrect kernal and i'm not sure the phone will accept future OTA's on the kernal you're on. Just an FYI...good luck