SBF File?

Garandhero

Reaction score
Alright so theres a new sticky saying links to SBF file is a bad thing..

Firstly what is an SBF file
Secondly why is it taboo?

Thanks!

wtherrell

Reaction score
SBF System Boot File

System Boot File
Mess with it the wrong way and guess what? System may no longer boot.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, DF will not host the SBF file and anyone trying to post a link will be dealt with. Infraction and bannings will be issued.

50calal

Reaction score
Thanks, was wondering what SBF was too, sorry Android newb.

Smackbox.org

Reaction score

OK I understand about DroidForums not wanting to be affiliated with hosting or linking to any files because Motorola might get mad at them, but what I don't understand is Motorola not realizing that if "we" the Android community did not use the SBF or other files, we would not get as far as we do with the custom rom process. Which is one of the reason that their phones are so popular and have plenty of websites,forums, and videos about their phones.

Instead of waisting time sending letters that hardly stand a legal ground, they can just put a nice big webpage explaining the void of warranty process, which is already in place! Our phones, we bought them and we should be able to do what we want with them! Jees "we" make "you" (Motorola) RICH!!!

Just my $.02

Akita

Reaction score

OK I understand about DroidForums not wanting to be affiliated with hosting or linking to any files because Motorola might get mad at them, but what I don't understand is Motorola not realizing that if "we" the Android community did not use the SBF or other files, we would not get as far as we do with the custom rom process. Which is one of the reason that their phones are so popular and have plenty of websites,forums, and videos about their phones.

Instead of waisting time sending letters that hardly stand a legal ground, they can just put a nice big webpage explaining the void of warranty process, which is already in place! Our phones, we bought them and we should be able to do what we want with them! Jees "we" make "you" (Motorola) RICH!!!

Just my $.02
Motorola doesn't care. If they did, they wouldn't have made it as difficult to pull off.

Dad23Boys77

Reaction score
So, now I know what SBF stands for, but what i don't understand is what it does. The link provided in the thread didn't work for me.

timelord

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Motorola doesn't care. If they did, they wouldn't have made it as difficult to pull off.[/QUOTE]

That's why my next phone will NOT be a Motorola, sad to say. :icon_evil:

polish23

Reaction score
Motorola doesn't care. If they did, they wouldn't have made it as difficult to pull off.[/QUOTE]

That's why my next phone will NOT be a Motorola, sad to say. :icon_evil:[/QUOTE]

I agreed with you last week when I picked up my TB, really getting tired of Motorola not getting its act together.

dancedroid

chemrox

Reaction score
Sbf???

I'm not asking anyone to post the file. It's available elsewhere. What is it? What is the SBF file? What does SBF stand for? For newbies like myself, is there a vocabulary FAQ for all the techie words and acronyms? Like "flashing" . Pretty obvious what, "brick," means..