Say What Moment: Adrian Peterson

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3338768-tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-003017.jpeg

ESPN is reporting that Adrian Peterson is considering retirement after what he feels the league has a poor disciplinary policy (Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings so disappointed with NFL s disciplinary process that he thought about retirement - ESPN

SAY WHAT!!!!:

Ok I will say that in one area Adrian Peterson is correct as this past off season, filled with domestic abuse cases, did not help the league. And what hurts even more was that the players charger were not just your run of the mill no namers, they were some of the stars of the league. So yes the NFL disciplinary process is poor, but Adrian Peterson is not helping the matter as he is one of the people the league is having to answer for. To be one of the faces of the league and get arrested for child abuse does not help the cause of the NFL.

This is one of the few time where I will say this but Adrian Peterson needs to just follow the script that the high paid lawyers laid out for him.
  1. Have a press conference filled with kids from the local boys and girl club where you apologize for your actions and promise never to do it again.
  2. Say you are going to take some time away from the game to seek counseling for himself and his family.
  3. Make a donation to the local boy and club as well as speak out against domestic violence.
  4. Go away for the rest of the season and stay out of the news.
The Vikings do not have a shot at the playoffs and if he were to get reinstated he would still have to go through conditioning and training which would not get him on the field this year. The only reason he want to be reinstated is so he can collect on his contract. But considering the image that the league is trying to repair and it was obvious that he pleaded out, he should take his punishment, own it, and come back ready to play next year. Or just retire but hopefully he was smart with his money as he will be missing those game checks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. Alot of players don't know how to manage money when they get to that level.. You go from college to millionaire.. I hope for his sake that he has handled it well..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah.. Alot of players don't know how to manage money when they get to that level.. You go from college to millionaire.. I hope for his sake that he has handled it well..

Given the way he handled this entire situation I am going to go with no. He will be on the next 30 for 30 about athletes going broke.

IFWT-Broke.jpg

I may be wrong, its just to me as of late A.P. exposed himself as not a bright guy.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm willing to bet he'll try to get reinstated for next season and I bet the NFL will want him back too. Although the whole thing is a lose-lose for everyone, it would make for a good story for both sides. AP's comeback season, and the NFL getting a superstar back on the field. It all comes down to money, and AP brings in alot to the NFL as a prolific superstar.

Yes he messed up and there will be people who will boycott him from stepping on the field again, but it'll be forgotten over time (sadly). I mean look at Ray Rice, he's been reinstated and there is video proof of him knocking his girl out.

You'll see AP back next season, maybe not in a Vikings uniform, but he'll be back. Plus he's still a top RB and he knows it, no way he retires.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet he'll try to get reinstated for next season and I bet the NFL will want him back too. Although the whole thing is a lose-lose for everyone, it would make for a good story for both sides. AP's comeback season, and the NFL getting a superstar back on the field. It all comes down to money, and AP brings in alot to the NFL as a prolific superstar.

Yes he messed up and there will be people who will boycott him from stepping on the field again, but it'll be forgotten over time (sadly). I mean look at Ray Rice, he's been reinstated and there is video proof of him knocking his girl out.

You'll see AP back next season, maybe not in a Vikings uniform, but he'll be back. Plus he's still a top RB and he knows it, no way he retires.
Rice was reinstated not because a judge didn't find his actions heinous but found the double jeopardy the league did more so. He got off due to a bad job by the prosecutor, Goodell.
As far as AP, think of the time it took for Vick to be forgiven... about as long as it took to score his first touchdown.
I personally would rather see him retire than face the criticism only to shortly become a has been backup ala Michael Vick.
Many remember Brett Favre coming out of retirement about a hundred times then single handedly lose many a have for his new teams a lot more than anything he ever accomplished on the field. A P needs to fade off into the sunset, quit while he's behind, cut his losses and move on.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im actually all about second chances I mean my entire faith is built upon that. One of my biggest criticism of the people of my faith is that we seem to be the first to demand hard punishment for someone else but beg for mercy for ourselves. Obviously there are some things in life that are going to be harder to forgive than others and that is the nature of the beast. But if a person is sincere and they have done an 180, then serve the punishment and be gracious of the privilege granted. My issue with Peterson is he still does not feel he did anything wrong. Even those who have the "spare the rod" mindset upon seeing the TMZ pictures felt A.P was in the wrong. So I feel he ought to own it and serve his time. Plus had he did that from the beginning his sentence would have been shorter.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
One name: Michael Vick.

If he can get back in anybody should.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im actually all about second chances I mean my entire faith is built upon that. One of my biggest criticism of the people of my faith is that we seem to be the first to demand hard punishment for someone else but beg for mercy for ourselves. Obviously there are some things in life that are going to be harder to forgive than others and that is the nature of the beast. But if a person is sincere and they have done an 180, then serve the punishment and be gracious of the privilege granted. My issue with Peterson is he still does not feel he did anything wrong. Even those who have the "spare the rod" mindset upon seeing the TMZ pictures felt A.P was in the wrong. So I feel he ought to own it and serve his time. Plus had he did that from the beginning his sentence would have been shorter.
You and I see things from the "not of this world but in this world". The nfl is about the Benjamin's, not right and wrong. The only reason AP got suspended was a fear of loss of Benjamin's after the Rice fiasco. In today's nfl Vick wouldn't have stood a second chance it of fear of loss of revenue by Pita lovers. Heck, Andy Reid was the only one that would give him a second chance even back then because he reminded him of his own son and his "in this world but not of this world" world view.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4