Saving Helix Layout

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Is it possible to save your helix screen layout (location of widgets and icons)? So say you wipe data, but you have a helix config file saved to the sdcard. Once you're back up and running with a new ROM, you run an app or script to load your helix layout. Other possibility is to have multiple layout themes. Any ideas?

Reaction score
My only idea is backing up helix with Titanium backup and then restoring the application with Data, but im not sure if that would work or not. i think i read somewhere that its possible to save your layout with titanium but i cant remember where :(

OP
L

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
There has to be some kind of config or XML file somewhere. Otherwise how does the Android OS know what and where to put widgets and icons when you get a Helix force close or you reboot the phone?

Reaction score
There has to be some kind of config or XML file somewhere. Otherwise how does the Android OS know what and where to put widgets and icons when you get a Helix force close or you reboot the phone?
there probably is but i wouldnt know where it is. i know how you feel though about having to redo all of your widgets and icons (i theme all my icons with better cut so i hate it) but sometimes its nice to redo them because you place stuff differently and get a new look on your phone.

jawa6969

Reaction score
Quick question that is semi related, Helix rotates the home screen to landscape. Is there any way to change that behavior? All I care to go into landscape for is web surfing.

Reaction score
Found a possible idea for this, but when looking at everything I can backup in titanium backup I see (desktop) launcher 2.1 updte 1 now that might backup the deskop for my helix because its the only launcher I have on my droid, so if you wan you could try itout and see if it works =)