Saving contacts

Casums

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal. i just got the droid and now i imported my contacts from Gmail and facebook, that's it. after hours of sorting and combining contacts everything is set up the way i want it. (e.g. full names, facebook pictures, and numbers) i am looking for a way to save this "master list" in one spot. preferably on my computer hard drive or in another such tool like g mail or something...

does anybody know of what i can do to save my "master" contact list.

p.s. i already exported to my sd card but it wasn't to pretty when i tried to open it with windows Outlook. it only opened one contact. the first one.

thanks in advanced

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal. i just got the droid and now i imported my contacts from Gmail and facebook, that's it. after hours of sorting and combining contacts everything is set up the way i want it. (e.g. full names, facebook pictures, and numbers) i am looking for a way to save this "master list" in one spot. preferably on my computer hard drive or in another such tool like g mail or something...

does anybody know of what i can do to save my "master" contact list.

p.s. i already exported to my sd card but it wasn't to pretty when i tried to open it with windows Outlook. it only opened one contact. the first one.

thanks in advanced

You should have it already set up for you under "My Contacts" in Gmail on line. If not just check the box and they will go there but I'll bet they are already there.

That's one of the great things about Droid/Google. You'll never lose your contacts.

OP
C

Casums

Reaction score
first off thanks for the quick reply. but...your half right. the only contacts that are there are the Gmail ones...i am syncd with facebook too and those ones are not under "my contacts".
is there a way i can get the Gmail and Facebook contacts all in one place?

Laurence5905

Reaction score

Do you *need* to export it in a format that Outlook can use? Because, if you're just looking for a backup of your contacts, then you've got it -- the "export to SD card" function is exactly that. Copy the file from your SD card to your PC and you're done.

But if you must have it in a format that's compatible with Outlook, I'm not really sure what to do... I'd think that maybe some settings within Outlook could be tweaked, maybe? To read the .VCF format that the Droid is exporting to? But I don't use Outlook, so I can't help you there -- maybe someone else here has more experience with it...