Sandisk 64GB SD Card $38.99

Quick

Reaction score
So... tha's a SDXC card. We can't do XC so is it still 64MB and is it still class 10?
I think class 4 or 6 is about as good as we can handle but that is still a smoking price for 64MB.

OP
N

niXerKG

Reaction score
Where does it say we can't do SDXC?

I've read threads elsewhere and here of people using them without issue, but might have been for the original MAXX or whatever, can't see why it wouldn't work.

Also yes Class 10 might be overkill in use but the real reason to get it is for faster file transfer to and from the card and your PC.

geoff5093

Reaction score
So... tha's a SDXC card. We can't do XC so is it still 64MB and is it still class 10?
I think class 4 or 6 is about as good as we can handle but that is still a smoking price for 64MB.
The class doesn't matter, it could be a class 4 or class 10. What does matter is SDHC vs SDXC.

From what I've heard, a 64GB SDXC card does work in the HD, but you need to format it in a computer first. I was rocking a 64GB SDXC card in my Thunderbolt, but I had to use a PC to initially format it.

OP
N

niXerKG

Reaction score
Well so far I've not experienced anything.

I formatted it in my phone, then copied my music to it via my card reader since it'd be WAYYY faster than doing it in phone and now I'm enjoying my music.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well so far I've not experienced anything.

I formatted it in my phone, then copied my music to it via my card reader since it'd be WAYYY faster than doing it in phone and now I'm enjoying my music.

And you're on ICS right? Not the JB leak?

Also, have you tried using the storage manager to move data over from the internal to the external? Settings --> Storage --> Manage Internal Storage

Test that out for me if you can and have the time, I would backup the external card and internal storage as well just to be safe, you never know. I'll just really curious as to why I can't get mine to work and be able to reproduce the same errors.

OP
N

niXerKG

Reaction score
And you're on ICS right? Not the JB leak?

Also, have you tried using the storage manager to move data over from the internal to the external? Settings --> Storage --> Manage Internal Storage

Test that out for me if you can and have the time, I would backup the external card and internal storage as well just to be safe, you never know. I'll just really curious as to why I can't get mine to work and be able to reproduce the same errors.

Stock ICS, no JB.

And yep I can move between internal/external.

Last edited:

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
Where the heck was this thread when I was looking around on Black Friday?!?!?!?! Damnit man! lol I guess I'll just have to wait. So I'm guessing then that the 64 GB microSDXC is working in these phones. good to know!! However, it does look like some people are finding out that it doesn't work. Shouldn't all these phones be the same and all work the same?! lol I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
haha you added that post just before my edit. lol it was that thread that I looked at which made me make the edit