Samsung's Tizen 2.0 SDK Available for Download; First Tizen Device Similar to SGS3

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Tizen-20-screenshot.jpg

Samsung just put the 2.0 version of their Tizen mobile OS SDK available for download. This new version of the OS supports Exynos 4412 processors, NFC, and (at least) HD displays. Some intel comes along with this news. Supposedly, the first smartphone Samsung plans to announce with Tizen will be similar to their Galaxy S III product. No specifics were given as to whether that meant the physical characteristics, or the software functionality, or maybe both. Here's a pic of it above, and a few more can be found at the source link below.

Would you be interested in a Tizen equipped device?

Source: UnWiredView

azdrifter

Reaction score
I really hope that the performance of this OS is off the charts,..because the UI looks really generic. But if you are into simplistic I guess it would work for you, for that I would just get an iPhone.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I wonder if Tizen will be the new OS for their 'better than feature phones/not as good as smart phone' devices.

skennelly

Reaction score
I'm really not a fan of circle icons...not sure who thought those were a good idea.