Samsung Will Launch The "Samsung Guard" Program Along With The S8 and S8 Plus

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S8-1490474739-0-12.jpg

According to a new leak Samsung will be releasing a new program alongside the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus tomorrow that is all about fixing broken phones quickly. The source states the new program will be called "Samsung Guard", and will allow customers to have their phones picked up just two hours after dropping them off for repairs. Samsung may also offer all customers at least one complimentary screen replacement with their purchase. This is great news.

I have never actually needed a screen replacement for a phone that I accidentally dropped, but of course that fear of dropping your phone is always in the back of your head because replacing screens can be expensive. The new screens with force touch technology can go for as much as $300. HTC has also offered free screen replacements in the past. It would be nice to see the entire industry move towards this. Samsung will need to offer up lots of incentives to sell these phones at release with expected prices tags reaching into the $1000 territory. Would a service like Samsung Guard make that pill easier to swallow for you and help to push you towards early adoption?

via Winfuture

Attachments

• Galaxy-S8-23.png
    Galaxy-S8-23.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 229

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in Guard. And there are more ways to break a phone. I once had my phone in my pocket in my sweats and bumped into the edge of our island in the kitchen. Phone (with a case on it) screen cracked on the edge and wouldn't function at all. I had insurance and had a new (refurbed) one the next day.

I would love to be able to get this on my S7 as well.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That particular phone (Droid Razr) had a habit of coming on in my pocket, and then the screen would be close enough to my leg to do all sorts of strange things and calling people ,etc. I was afraid somehow it would order my entire wishlist on Amazon. So I had started carrying it screen out to avoid that.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That particular phone (Droid Razr) had a habit of coming on in my pocket, and then the screen would be close enough to my leg to do all sorts of strange things and calling people ,etc. I was afraid somehow it would order my entire wishlist on Amazon. So I had started carrying it screen out to avoid that.

what everyone else is thinking
So the phone is in your pocket, the screen is rubbing your leg, and "it does all sorts of strange things and calling people, etc."
All by itself, right?
......riiiight

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wardo

Reaction score
Super annoying all screens are not shatter proof.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the phone is in your pocket, the screen is rubbing your leg, and "it does all sorts of strange things and calling people, etc."
All by itself, right?
......riiiight

Not sure why I would lie about this. LOL That is why that particular phone I would often carry in my front pocket facing out. But if you don't believe me that is fine too. Have a good one!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
All by itself, right?
......riiiight

Made sense to me. I don't know how many times my phone would do random things because it was in a pocket or even sitting on the seat of the car. Used to be that our touch screen phones only had to have a power button or volume rocker bumped to activate the screen. Now our phones require at least the touch of the power button & a swipe to activate the screen. Not so easy now to do butt calling, lol!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I would be interested in seeing how this program actually works for Samsung. It sounds all good in theory.

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Super annoying all screens are not shatter proof.
There is a tradeoff being shatter proof. Those screens are very soft and can be scratched easily so a screen protector is a must, which on some beveled screens looks like complete garbage.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
All by itself, right?
......riiiight

Not sure why I would lie about this. LOL That is why that particular phone I would often carry in my front pocket facing out. But if you don't believe me that is fine too. Have a good one!

Made sense to me. I don't know how many times my phone would do random things because it was in a pocket or even sitting on the seat of the car. Used to be that our touch screen phones only had to have a power button or volume rocker bumped to activate the screen. Now our phones require at least the touch of the power button & a swipe to activate the screen. Not so easy now to do butt calling, lol!

It was meant as a joke. Sorry if it didn't come across that way. ...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It was meant as a joke. Sorry if it didn't come across that way. ...

Lol! The sarcasm seems obvious now.