Samsung Will Indeed Be Making A Smart Speaker

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-speaker-1-980x620-jpg.77795

Amazon has the Echo and Google has the home. Earlier in the year there was plenty of speculation that Samsung would be creating their very own smart speaker to compete in this market however Samsung quickly shot down those ideas. Apparently they have had a change of heart. DJ Koh, Samsung's Mobile chief, has just confirmed with CNBC that the smart speaker powered by Bixby will indeed be happening. There are no details at this moment. We aren't even sure if this speaker will be compatible with only Samsung phones or other phones as well. We can expect to hear more as we get into the holiday season.

via CNBC

Attachments

• samsung-speaker-1-980x620.jpg
    samsung-speaker-1-980x620.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,468

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
after the problems with bixby and with the head start google home and the echo has, it will have to be something special if it want sales

bestsmstracker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Zony Xperia Z3
Hope that samsung speaker is better than imitation. So many fake smart speaker release now anywhere.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I really don't care about the combination voice commands and speaker. I would rather have the voice device across the room from a bt speaker. this way it will be easier for the device to hear my commands.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still think Samsung is a little late to the game, but that hasn't stopped them with any new tech gadget.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I must admit, Samsungs speaker does look a bit more classy than a pringles can, hockey puck or an air freshener.
I was just thinking the opposite; I think it looks like a cheap wine glass. I like the look of the Home or Echo better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I was just thinking the opposite; I think it looks like a cheap wine glass. I like the look of the Home or Echo better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

now that you mention it, maybe not a wine glass but maybe one of those frosty drink mixers :)

Hiroller173

Reaction score
I have the original Echo, a couple of Dots and a Google Home. After purchasing an Echo Show, even with its current limitations (lack of screen aware apps) the ability to have visuals for display, selections and confirmations will soon make these air freshener cylinders obsolete.

jesskoh

Reaction score
Everyone is jumping onto the bandwagon. Xiaomi and now Samsung. Now all we need are more devices here in Singapore to support them.

SUNG On the shower and scrub my back

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as they say in the Highlander - There can only be one. the late comers will have to do some astounding in order to be taken seriously in order to bypass the likes of Amazon, Google and even Apple (when they get their act together)

jesskoh

Reaction score
Samsung is 1 big player as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk