Samsung Will Cap the Galaxy Note 7's Maximum Battery Life!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Great info and it confirms many of my beliefs. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm thinking it would be suicide. Everything I'm being told is it's "on hold", but not being discontinued. That however remains to be seen as the investigation is ongoing and may not be concluded for months.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Capping the battery to 60% is amazing. Let's see of they can get away with that here in the US. I suggest not. False advertising, bait and stitch, the US attorneys will come up with some reason to sue the pants off Samsung.

ngt

Reaction score
Are they capping it at 60% because they aren't getting the new non-exploding version? I just preordered the new one. If they are going to do that in the US, it would be nice to know before I get it. Not wanting to charge my phone daily because they sold a **** product.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Are they capping it at 60% because they aren't getting the new non-exploding version? I just preordered the new one. If they are going to do that in the US, it would be nice to know before I get it. Not wanting to charge my phone daily because they sold a **** product.
They are reducing the charging capacity to prevent overheating the battery and creating internal shunts (shorts). Whether it's because of shortages in the battery supply or to address people who refuse to stop using them is the question. I think it's the latter.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

ngt

Reaction score
They are reducing the charging capacity to prevent overheating the battery and creating internal shunts (shorts). Whether it's because of shortages in the battery supply or to address people who refuse to stop using them is the question. I think it's the latter.

Could they update just the exploding versions? Or are the new ones exploding too?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No, just the first release version. New ones are sporting a different battery claimed to be safe.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I took the update.... right now it just has a pop up warning to power phone off and exchange when charging starts. I will update later if it charges to 100%.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Viktorr

Reaction score
I got the update today, too. Battery was at 80% after, and I put it on the charger. It charged to 100%. Not sure if it'll do that once I take it below 60% though. Will have to see.

ngt

Reaction score
Wondering if it just says 100% for 60%. So 50%will only really be 30%. Let us know if the battery seems to drain faster.