Samsung tv remote for android

Aram58

Reaction score
I tried googling this but got nothing, leading me to believe it doesn't exist. Samsung made an app for ios devices that let controlled the tv over the network. I would think that they would make an app for THEIR android phones/tablets. Is there a tv remote app for android phones? I could understand if it was on samsung phones but not other devices (like my droid) but could it be ported?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

onewing91

Reaction score
I believe the problem with a remote is that (at least droid) has no infrared port in which to send a signal to ur tv. if a TV used bluetooth or something (yeah right) it would work though...

akasoldats

Reaction score
I believe the problem with a remote is that (at least droid) has no infrared port in which to send a signal to ur tv. if a TV used bluetooth or something (yeah right) it would work though...

I think you missed the over the network part.

Samsung made an app for ios devices that let controlled the tv over the network.

I wonder how it works though. I would be an interesting project to look into.

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Not a sure answer for you, but as with AllShare, some newer tv's have ethernet ports in the back, which connects your tv to your network, which allows you to use things like AllShare from your droid. I'd imagine, what you'r looking for would do so in the same manner. As for where to get an app for it, no idea. Only seen ones to act as a computer mouse. Love to know if you find one though.

Doxola

Reaction score
A WiFi remote would be the ticket, much like how you can control a Roku XD device. I own a couple of those, which I control with my Incredible using the "Romote" app.

I just enter the IP address of the device I want to access, then I have a fully functional LAN remote.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
A

Aram58

Reaction score

ivierkelberry

Reaction score
Wow. Must say my friend that is one sick controller.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
A

Aram58

Reaction score
I did a bit of research. I don't have a samsung phone so correct me if I'm wrong. samsung has its own app store and they used to have something called QWERTY REMOCON on it. I dont think a motodroid could run these apps even if the apk was pulled from a samsung. The internet seems to say that samsung doesn't even have the app on their phones any more.

So, in short, we non-samsungs are boned.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk