Samsung Tectiles NFC

ebrizzle

Reaction score
So I watched all of these YouTube videos using the Samsung Tectiles and had to get me some. After getting them, and using the Tectiles app and successfully programming them when the phone is placed on them to read, the message "about to connect to browser, continue?" pops up to which I have to hit the ok button for it to work. All of the videos I've seen with them using the Tectiles and the Samsung app, I see them reading the Tectiles and the phone doing what the tectile tells it to do without that message popping up. I've looked in all the settings and can't find anything pertaining to that. I also can't seem to find any information about it in searches. Is anybody else running into this, and if so have you figured out how to get rid of it?

wcjeep

Reaction score
The Samsung app doesn't work well. That being said, some toggle commands will prompt the browser even if not needed. I bought my NFC tags from Tagstand. I'm also using their app NFC Task Launcher. Their app allows alot more control than the Samsung app. On my wife's S3, either app would trigger the browser prompt if I tried to toggle "Driving Mode". Removing Driving Mode from the NFC commands eliminated the browser prompt.

Highly recommend trying the NFC Task Launcher. It's in the Play Store. There is also a companion app (forget the name) that allows text message send without confirmation. No problems with my wife's S3 or my stock Nexus. It doesn't matter which phone was used to write the tag. Either phone follows the commands.

OP
E

ebrizzle

Reaction score
Thanks I downloaded that app and tried it out. It works way better than the Samsung one. Now I just have to get some of those regular plain white nfc stickers through the sources on that app instead of the expensive samsung ones. They appear to be constantly sold out. I guess I'll have to wait a bit.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Please update with your results on sources for the stickers, and if they work well.

jshaw42

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, Tec Tiles work off the NFC in the battery. If so, will changing the battery affect how the Ted Tiles function?