Samsung Teases Super-Thin New Galaxy Tab for CTIA

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-tab-slim.jpg

Samsung is ramping up market interest for a new tablet they plan to announce at CTIA later this month. The ad shows a very thin and interestingly styled tablet. The ad also hints at it being an 8.9 Inch tablet, with the number 78910. Their first was the 7-inch, then the 10-inch, now the 8.9-inch, which probably indicates it will be a new iteration of the Galaxy Tab. There are definitely other ways to interpret those cryptic numbers, which makes for a great marketing gimmick. It keeps us wondering and speculating. What other ideas do you think the number might represent?

Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidPolice

rctp10

Reaction score
Its going to be a 7 inch display because 10 is affraid of 7 because 7 8 9.....lmao thats gotta be it, right?????? :icon_ banana:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the point is where I stop caring about thin and light, but I think we've already passed it. Give me specs and features. If thin and light is so valued maybe more people need to hit the gym. :)

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm not sure where the point is where I stop caring about thin and light, but I think we've already passed it. Give me specs and features. If thin and light is so valued maybe more people need to hit the gym. :)

Right. instead of putting an extra $100 of technology into it to make it 8mm thick, let it be 12mm thick and use that extra $100 for more speed and capabilities. Use that extra $100 to bring it closer to a real computer or just leave it out and let me pay less for it.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The question asks, "What is your Tab life?" Perhaps they're being realistic and suggesting how long it will be before their fancy new tablet becomes obsolete.

78,910 Minutes...
= roughly 1,315 hours
= nearly 55 days

Meaning that the new tablet from the day of it's market release, will hold it's candle for almost two months prior to Samsung releasing info about its successor.

Sounds about right these days...