Samsung Reveals Galaxy Grand Mid-Range Phablet with Dual-SIM Support

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-GALAXY-Grand.jpg

If you thought that Samsung would stick with the Galaxy Note series to cover the phablet market they created, then you would be mistaken. Apparently, they are bringing out a new mid-range device to cater to this growing consumer base. It is called the Galaxy Grand and has some similar, yet slimmed down features to the Galaxy Note series. Here's a few:
  • 5-inch TFT display
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 8MP rear camera
  • Samsung’s TouchWiz UI (with additional features like "Popup Play for picture-in-picture video viewing as well as S Voice and enhanced gesture support.")
At first, the device will be available in Asian markets, and will be available as the dual-SIM GT-I9082 followed later by a standard single SIM GT-I9080. In case you aren't sure what a dual-SIM is, here's a quote with the details,

The GALAXY Grand will be available in two versions – The Dual SIM version (GT-I9082) will launch first and the single SIM version (GT-I9080) will follow. For the dual SIM version, its innovative dual SIM feature provides total communication flexibility, allowing users to manage two phone numbers from a single phone. It is possible to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other, ensuring efficient management of personal and work commitments without ever missing a call. Dual SIM also offers the flexibility of selecting different billing plans for either SIM, switching between them to make the most of cheaper call and data plans.

Source: SamsungTomorrow

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Dual SIM seems like a very interesting concept! I'd like to see how this is implemented, and what potential drawbacks might exist. I can definitely see a benefit in having this capability, although I don't know that I have a use for it myself.