Samsung May Be Planning New "A Series" Smartphones to Follow Galaxy Alpha

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-alpha-gold.png

The new Samsung Galaxy Alpha may be the progenitor of a whole new series of devices instead of just a "one of." According to the latest intel from SamMobile, Sammy is planning a new "A series" of Galaxy products and the Galaxy Alpha will kick it off this year with three new devices.

We know a few details about these devices. First is their model names: SM-A300, SM-A500, and SM-A700. Each will offer different levels of hardware, meaning we will have a budget-friendly qHD (540x960) display for the first one, while the second will have a mid-range 720p display, and the final will be an upper-end 1080p device.

They will all supposedly share the same design language characterized by the Galaxy Alpha. The only other interesting tidbit regarding these devices will be that they will supposedly include higher resolution front facing cameras. The devices are expected to be announced sometime in September.

Source: PhoneArena

D

Divergent

Galaxy Alpha is a really nice phone i like it's design but currently they didn't only ripped off the design of the iSheep but also it's overpriced pricetag.
This phone is €250 - €350 worth and not more.
And also the battery is almost the same like the S2 ( really bad for this price group ) .

I might go for the new mid range phone ;)

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Jeeze, sammy even put in lines to mark the antenna like iPhone? They really enjoy being in court xD.

Looks like the Alpha is a bit smaller than the s5, though, which I love. I do not ever want something bigger than my S4- it's size is perfect for my hands.