Samsung Hub shows up on my lock screen. . .but I don't want it there

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something changed today and I don't know what I did, but out of nowhere the Samsung Hub is on my lock screen. . . and I don't want it there. Any ideas on how to remove it? Strange. . .it wasn't there yesterday (or the last month or so since I picked up the S4).

reybie

Reaction score
Is it a widget? If it is, check the Settings, My Device, Lock Screen

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I just checked that and nothing to be found that references / associates Samsung Hub with the widget set up. Not sure how to remove it.

reybie

Reaction score
In the lock screen section, there is a spot where you choose what apps/widgets to be made available in the lock screen.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reybie, I see the area where I can add shortcuts to the lock screen, and have several of those placed at the bottom of my lock screen. Is this what you are referring? I apologize if I am being dense, just don't see a setting where I can adjust it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Chief Wahoo, if you long press on the widget will it let you drag it up to the trash can do remove it? What reybie is talking about, I believe, is if you swipe to the right there is a section for applications to be placed as short cuts. Looks like a little grid.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. The challenge is that on the lock screen there is no way to long press that I can figure out.

I ended up figuring it out - the Hub opens up when a bluetooth headset is paired. When I did that, the Hub started playing a sample of a song. I stopped it and shut down the Hub, but I guess the device sees the bluetooth (after the Hub has started) and thinks that I may want to play music while the lock screen is in effect. If I shut down the bluetooth, the Hub disappears on my lock screen.

Thank you both for your help. Learning something every day. . .