Samsung Gear Manager Bug

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It came to my attention that the newest update to the Gear Manager app introduced a bug that's a an inconvenience to users.
If you go into the Settings and try to uninstall an app it might not be showing as installed there, even though it is on the watch. The only simple way to uninstall that app would be do a factory reset of the watch, according to developers for Tizen. They also have a way that can do just the app but that involves plugging the watch into the computer and digging into the files that way.
There seems to be no specific apps that are affected but on mine it's all my installed aftermarket watch faces and keyboards only. Now I know it's a separate thing and another topic but as I was updating Play Store apps my Note2 the other night it froze,I had to do a reboot and when it powered back up every app that had an update pending prior to the freeze was missing from the phone, my sd card showed as being empty and I couldn't log into the Play Store. Another reboot and all but the missing apps were back to normal. Between that and the missing apps on my Gear Manager I was not feeling real highly of smart anything that evening.
Just want to pass along, if the watch is acting normally (Gear 1-S2) just tolerate not being able to uninstall apps for now. Samsung is aware and is working on a fix, according to what I've read and the bug doesn't seem to affect usage of the apps, just ability to uninstall them.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Any idea if this could affect my wife's GearFit, or is that thing so dead in the water that it won't be affected? Haha!

Not that she's big on a ton of apps or anything on the Fit. She mostly likes it for it's "phone butler" abilities and step tracking.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any idea if this could affect my wife's GearFit, or is that thing so dead in the water that it won't be affected? Haha!

Not that she's big on a ton of apps or anything on the Fit. She mostly likes it for it's "phone butler" abilities and step tracking.
The Fit uses a totally different app that hasn't been updated in months so she's not going to be affected . She uses Gear Fit Manager instead of Gear Manager.
The Fit 2 which is about to come out uses Tizen so it'll be affected by the bug in that it will use the Gear Manager instead of Fit Manager.
72f7d3695b53c0e346e259a00836e856.jpg

Her icon should look similar to the one on the right that the arrow points to and the other watches use the one on the left 26th the word Gear in it the icon

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited: