Samsung Galaxy SIII Holo theme

Kineo

Reaction score
Is there a Holo theme out there that I can place on top of the Touchwiz skin so that the entire device has a Holo theme instead of Touchwiz. I would like to find something that affects the whole device and not just a launcher because I love the look of the Holo UI but not so much the Touchwiz Nature UX. However, I really like the features that Touchwiz brings to the table.

Thanks so much :)

OP
Kineo

Kineo

Reaction score
I am currently running this on my HTC thunderbolt, and currently that would be as close as I would be able to get as far as I know, but it is a great launcher. I'm not very experienced with making android themes, but I have been reading about how manufactures are required to keep the Holo framework in android 4.0 and above. With this I was assuming (hopping) that it would not be to difficult to pull that out from underneath so that the entire phone had the Holo feel.

liteon163

Reaction score
You could run either Apex or Nova as your launcher. They are both supposedly very close to vanilla ICS, but with some enhancements.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Jamion

Reaction score
I am currently running this on my HTC thunderbolt, and currently that would be as close as I would be able to get as far as I know, but it is a great launcher. I'm not very experienced with making android themes, but I have been reading about how manufactures are required to keep the Holo framework in android 4.0 and above. With this I was assuming (hopping) that it would not be to difficult to pull that out from underneath so that the entire phone had the Holo feel.

Yea that TouchWiz UI is horrid isn't it. I think I am going to ask Samsung on twitter. Might be a good idea for you to contact Samsung also that way they know its multiple people that think that is absolutely horrid.

mlewis76

Reaction score
Jamion said:
Yea that TouchWiz UI is horrid isn't it. I think I am going to ask Samsung on twitter. Might be a good idea for you to contact Samsung also that way they know its multiple people that think that is absolutely horrid.

I use go launcher. Haven't had any problems with it on my s3 or on my old phone, which was an HTC desire. I don't root my phones cuz if I brick it, I can't afford another one. I have the 32 gb s3 so I have plenty of memory plus I have. 16 gb sd card. It's enough for now. That was the only reason I wanted to root the desire but it was cdma n we tried to root it for 6 hrs n it wouldn't take No matter what we did.

diver265

Reaction score
Holo launcher or Holo launcher HD are awesome replacements. I run holo on my sgs3