Samsung Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5!

S

sonia131

Samsung has sold over 10 million Galaxy S4 handsets worldwide, making it the company's best launch tally to date. That kind of popularity makes it the bees knees in the Android market, but overall? It still has the iPhone 5 to contend with, which, even eight months after the handset's initial launch, is one of the hottest devices money can buy. So it is only fitting we pit the two against each other; mano-y-mano

[video=youtube;GJC_nkn6GQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJC_nkn6GQE[/video]

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Samsung has sold over 10 million Galaxy S4 handsets worldwide, making it the company's best launch tally to date. That kind of popularity makes it the bees knees in the Android market, but overall? It still has the iPhone 5 to contend with, which, even eight months after the handset's initial launch, is one of the hottest devices money can buy. So it is only fitting we pit the two against each other; mano-y-mano

IMHO, I believe the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a much better device than the iPhone. My girlfriend and I both purchased new phones last week, she with the iPhone and me with the S4. She is constantly looking over at my phone saying how much better the display is over the iPhone. Also, you have to love all you can do with an Android phone, opposed to having OSX. I've even noticed the speed in which I swipe, navigate and open apps is much faster than it.

J

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
She is constantly looking over at my phone saying how much better the display is over the iPhone.

Though I don't disagree with you overall, I will say when you go outside in the sun, she might be singing a different tune. ;)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I have both.

iPhone UI is MUCH snappier but that's to be expected since they control the OS (iOS not OSX btw) and the hardware. So I'm not really sure how you are seeing the UI on the S4 is faster.

Both have their pros and cons based on user wants and needs so I'm not going to get into a debate over which is better. :)

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Yes, if you look at the specs the S4 should smoke the iphone5. But the iphone 5 has proven to be almost as fast. I do lend that to the iOS. But Android just does so much more than the current iOS can do. I do like the Iphones display but comparing the 2 really isn't a comparing apples to apples. The S4 is just so much larger.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have both.

iPhone UI is MUCH snappier but that's to be expected since they control the OS (iOS not OSX btw) and the hardware. So I'm not really sure how you are seeing the UI on the S4 is faster.

Both have their pros and cons based on user wants and needs so I'm not going to get into a debate over which is better. :)

Curious which you use as your daily? Or do you swap 'em out?

jseah

Reaction score
Samsung still has a ways to go to soundly defeat Apple. While the S4 selling 10 million in the first month is pretty big news (compared to 2 months for the S3 and 1 year for the S2), I had read that Apple sold 10 million iPhone 5's in the first week.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Curious which you use as your daily? Or do you swap 'em out?

Just picked up the S4 (Verizon) so have been using it since last Thursday. Using iPhone on wi-fi for now but will probably switch out from time to time.

zuqave6y.jpg

Last edited: