Samsung Galaxy S4 Update Addresses Storage Issue with 'Move Apps to SD Card Feature'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-storage-space-sdcard.jpg

True to their word, Samsung has released an update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 which addresses the small storage issue which has received complaints since the launch of the device. Their solution is an elegant one. They basically created a new software feature which allows you to move apps to your SD Card slot. They also managed to tighten up the code ab it on the installed software a reduced the bloat by about 80MB. Admittedly, this is a paltry amount, but at least they made some headway, and their new "move apps to SD Card" feature is pretty crafty.

There are a number of other things the update brings with it as well, including a "semi-transparent" notification bar, and a new toggle that lets you turn Smart Pause on and off easily. The update is heading out to German Snapdragon equipped SGS4 phones first, and will be sent out to Exynos models next. The folks in the UK and the US will have to wait a bit longer, but no specific timeframe was shared.

Thanks for the tip, grenefroggie!

Source: TheVerge

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why couldn't you move apps to the SD card anyways? That is a feature built into Android already. Why remove it?

GAstorino

Reaction score
Nice and now If they would supply the 64 gb phone then it would be the phone I buy. Why not push out your top of the line when the competition already has a 64 gb phone they sell makes no sense.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No thank you my friend.. But I do need a ban hammer.. Thank you

Noted 2x~4 beta