Samsung Galaxy S4 ROOTED Ahead Of Release!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S-4.png

We still have no firm release dates for the Galaxy S4 however some developers over at XDA have already managed to root the device! They have torn apart and repackaged an unreleased firmware nice and neat into an ODIN flashable image. They have also included root and busybox. This Root will work for the Exynos 5 Octa Core version of the phone. This doesn't help us much stateside as we will end up with the Snapdragon Qualcomm 600 variant. This is however very encouraging as it shows that these devices can be easily rooted. Samsung has been known in the past for being pretty hacker friendly. They comply with locking down Verizon's devices, but not so tight that developers like Adam Outler can't get in. If you are one of the lucky few to have the Exynos 5 variant of the device grab the rooted Rom from the link below!

Via XDA

J
ust wondering who is buying an S4? Let me know in the comments below.

Update: According to a few very reputable developers/exploiters this will not root the phone in and of itself. Chainfire and Jcase have both said that this won't actually root the phone, but Chainfire has said he suspects the phone will still be easily rooted when it launches and developers have the device in hand.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm thinking if getting an s4..i had some screen issues with the N2..but it is a awesome device.. So I'm getting another note2 as well....

The edge to edge display is my only concern because of the screen issues I had with the note2 but samsung has made some improvements on their screens... So I'm hoping...

bigdog357

Reaction score
This is what makes Android stand out from all others, the open source,great job to the devs that did this and keeping android far ahead of everyone, the S4 looks like a badaxx phone,and I'm sure it will be well supported,great job.