Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Edition Phones Arrive In Play Store Tomorrow!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s4-google-experience.jpg
OneGoogleEd-580-75.jpg

Who needs TouchWiz and Sense5 when you can have a pure unadulterated Vanilla Android Experience?! About a month or so after the release of both the HTC One and The Galaxy S4 Google announced that they would be releasing "Google Edition" "Nexus Experience" variants of each device. I'm glad they told us that after we had already spent our hard earned cash. At any rate, tomorrow is the day that these phones arrive in the Play Store. They will go live at 9AM Pacific. If this release goes the same as ANY of the other Nexus releases then you can expect to be sitting at your PC for an hour or more hitting the refresh button hoping to be able to access the order page on these devices.

These phones will receive their updates directly from Google which means you won't have to wait weeks, or months in the case of Verizon users, for the carrier and oem to put their skin and bloatware over the top of the OS. Other benefits include an overall cleaner experience, Google services incorporated, and i would imagine these devices would be developer friendly. Obviously you will lose OEM features that would otherwise come with the phones. Who is going to purchase one of these awesome devices?

Briankbl

Reaction score
I'm so sick of Verizon. Praying T-Mobile will finally put up a tower near me so I can switch. Verizon is always passing on top notch phones. The last pure Android phone Verizon got was the Galaxy Nexus, and they still controlled the firmware releases! Not to mention blocking Google Wallet.

My dream phone would be a pure Android phone capable of running on Verizon 4G LTE without the Verizon app restrictions. I don't think Verizon is ever going to give me what I want.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!