Samsung Galaxy S II / Galaxy Within for Sprint spotted?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Sprint and other US carriers are planning to release branded handsets based on the Galaxy S II. Well, here are fresh leaked shots of the Galaxy SII that certainly seem to support the rumor. The photos show a textured back of a device bearing both Sprint and Samsung logos alongside an 8 megapixel camera. Both the texture and camera are what we’re expecting from S II-based models, so it all lines up. The phone is running Android 2.3.4 right now. I am waiting on more details about this phone and when other carriers will get their version of the GS2...

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sprint and other US carriers are planning to release branded handsets based on the Galaxy S II. Well, here are fresh leaked shots of the Galaxy SII that certainly seem to support the rumor. The photos show a textured back of a device bearing both Sprint and Samsung logos alongside an 8 megapixel camera. Both the texture and camera are what we’re expecting from S II-based models, so it all lines up. The phone is running Android 2.3.4 right now. I am waiting on more details about this phone and when other carriers will get their version of the GS2...

Picture that,and im leaven sprint

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Of course the carrier I don't have gets it first. Hate Verizon whenever new phones come out..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
On the top pic, I did notice the background talking about 4G plans. I find it incredibly doubtful they would release a phone as 4G on one carrier and limit it to 3G on another. That simply doesn't make sense. Possible? Yes. Likely? I don't think so.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Sprint's WiMax is different from all the other 4G technologies so it may be able to fit in the GSII but that doesn't mean Samsung can fit an LTE radio in without compromising the entire phone (putting in an LTE radio would effect every part of the phone in some way).

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Well Sprint's WiMax is different from all the other 4G technologies so it may be able to fit in the GSII but that doesn't mean Samsung can fit an LTE radio in without compromising the entire phone (putting in an LTE radio would effect every part of the phone in some way).

Very true. I'm still almost positive I've heard that 4G will happen in this phone. Hopefully it will. While I have no problem with 3G, if there's ever been a phone that would be perfect with the addition of 4G, this is it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to see it have 4G too. The only problem is that it means the phone probably not come out for another couple of months unless they've been testing a GSII model with a LTE radio in it for a while. The only "4G" technology I could see the GSII (as we know it) have is HSPA+ and maybe WiMax.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I can live with a 3G SII for a couple years... I can stream Netflix without pausing to buffer on my Droid, so I can't imagine I'll be missing 4G very much.

That, and everyone has praised the battery life on the SII, which will not be the case if it comes in a 4G flavor.

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Just curious but why is it that the people who take these pictures and upload them online always just take little teaser photos instead of multiple full photos so people looking at them can actually tell what they're looking at. Doesn't make sense to me.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Just curious but why is it that the people who take these pictures and upload them online always just take little teaser photos instead of multiple full photos so people looking at them can actually tell what they're looking at. Doesn't make sense to me.

Because they're probably "accidentally" leaked by the OEMs or carriers to spike interest in the device.