Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Gets an Unboxing Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We found an unboxing video for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (above). While some find unboxing videos a bit droll, there is some educational/entertainment value to be had there. The best part of an unboxing video is that we actually get to see the phone outside of a marketing blitz. We have to admit, this is a gorgeous device, and should really stand out and start some interesting conversations.

Here's a recap of specs:
  • 5.6" Super AMOLED screen with a Quad HD ( 2560 x 1440-pixel) resolution
  • Quad-core Snapdragon 805 system chip
  • 16-megapixel camera
  • 3000mAh removable battery
  • Android 4.4 KitKat with Samsung's TouchWiz
These are basically the same specs as the Galaxy Note 4, but the YOUM-EDGE side-wrap display really distinguishes the phone aesthetically. We aren't sure just how functional those extra "edges" are, but reports from reviewers and owners are largely positive. What do you guys think?

Source: PhoneArena

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It looks like they've moved the noti LED. Is that in the same place on the regular Note 4?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nice. I wonder what made them change it?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good question. Could be that they didn't make the whole phone that much wider (don't have the specs handy) than the regular Note and needed to shift things in the top over/around to accommodate for losing space behind the curve. Stick it next to the speaker and you've already got some space carved out right there anyway.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's what I was thinking. They had to cannibalize some room up top to shift the power button up there so who knows what else they moved around?

silverfang77

Reaction score
I was debating between this phone and the Galaxy S6 Edge. Now that I see the S6 won't have a removable battery or microsd, I'm definitely going with this guy.