Samsung Galaxy Note 6 (and possibly Galaxy S8) Future Camera Details Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-camera-sensor.jpg

It looks like Samsung plans to "amp up" development on smartphone camera technology for their next Galaxy Note series device. The latest rumor suggests that Samsung will be putting some seriously improved camera hardware in the Galaxy Note 6 (which will possibly/probably be in next year's Galaxy S8 as well). Here's a quote with more of the details,

"...Samsung's next CMOS sensor will feature an f/1.4 aperture on a 1/1.7" sensor rated at between 18MP and 24MP. To put that in some kind of perspective, the Galaxy S7 is on a par with many of its peers with a 12MP camera module featuring an f/1.8 aperture and a 1/2.5" sensor size using a Sony sensor. Actually on aperture size alone Samsung is already towards the head of the pack for the wider offerings on the market, but this new sensor size isn't far off the venerable Nokia Lumia 1020 and its 1/1.5" setup."

As you can see, besides the improvement on the sensor quality, it looks like Sammy is planning on upping the sensor's MegaPixel rating. Most of our members know that the MP rating is more for marketing bragging rights, and less about a high quality image capturing device; however, when you couple a highly improved sensor with the greater MP rating, truly great photos can be captured.

At this time, the report did not indicate whether Samsung will be using their ISOCELL or their BRITECELL branded technology for this new camera. We will keep an eye out for any additional details as they emerge.

Thanks to @Preach2k for posting this yesterday: Samsung is hard at work on the camera for the Galaxy Note 6 and Galaxy S8.

Source: KnowYourMobile

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now if they'll spend more than a nickel on the lens we may just have the point and shoot camera killer.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Other than speed and auto focus ability I can't see the quality getting much better than my Note 4. Camera takes far to long to focus.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

whippleman

Reaction score
Other than speed and auto focus ability I can't see the quality getting much better than my Note 4. Camera takes far to long to focus.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I thought the low light performance of my S7 edge was far better than my S6 edge+. The focus is off the charts in how quick it is with this S7. I look forward to even more improvements camera wise :D.

Reactions: cr6

shockracer

Reaction score
Never liked Sammy's but the Note 6 might permanently make me leave HTC. At this point a glass back would be the only killer for me.