Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Officially Launch Today - Who's Buying?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-g-note-5-s6-edge-plus.jpg

So far it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a pretty controversial product according to folks in our forums. Some don't mind that it doesn't have the removable battery or microSD slot, while many others are quite upset about it.

While the Galaxy Note 5 seems to be burning up the forums with various discussions, the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is like "crickets on a warm summer night." This has us curious. Please sound off and let us know if you plan to buy either of these devices.

Don't be shy either. Just because someone in the forums doesn't like one or both of these devices, doesn't mean your perspective on it isn't important. We want to hear from you guys on Sammy's latest phablet-style phones!

Here's our dedicated sections for both devices:

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a cool video ad for the two products that shows on Hulu:

dumpyloser

Reaction score
I'm going to pic up my edge plus today. I've had the note 3 and note 4. It's an awesome phone, but I want something that feels a bit different and the stylus isn't a big deal to me. I will miss my SD card and battery a LOT though. I did get the Micro USB flash drive and an Aukey Quick charge Battery 10,000 MAH battery pack, so when I fly I won't run out of juice.

If they would have called the phone, the note 5 edge, and/or made less of a price gap, more people would be talking about the edge. For me, it took going in to best buy to preorder the 64gb note and then I played with the edge.... It just looks SO much better!

In my opinion the edge+ is also more likely to be rooted because it follows so closely to the s6's and may not have the added security that sammy puts on the notes (STILL no permroot for the vzw Note 4)

krazienluv10

Reaction score
i just got the G4, the battery was disappointing, but i could deal with it... what got me was the sd card. I like that Samsung is trying to be different, but many of us want an sd card!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I spent a very crazy day at Verizon today getting the S6 edge+ for my son and the Note 5 for myself (I'm attached to my s-pen). The edge+ is definitely an awesome looking phone with a spectacular display. Quite interesting that you can only get the 64gb edge in black (not nearly as nice looking). If you want the gold or silver, you have to go with the 32gb edge+. Not sure why Sammy decided to do that.

I really wanted to get the note edge (and still do) but they no longer exist via Verizon stores. The only reason for getting the N5 now is because going on Verizon's device payment program reduces my device charge from $40 to $15. I'll give this a whirl for a little while and might buy a used Note edge in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sammy has always waited and released the colored versions months after the initial release date. Not sure why they do it this way.....could be them wanting to see how the device does out of the gate before releasing additional colored versions. IDK
Congrats on your new toy though! I look forward to a detailed review soon.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the note 5 has more buzz because there are many note 3 owners that really love the note series that have had their device for close to 2 years now and are looking at making an upgrade, versus the s6 edge users. I think sammy's release schedule in kind of flawed this go around. I think at first they should have had the S6, and S6 Active (and made it a non-exclusive AT&T phone.. way to go samsung). Then done a S6 Edge and S6 Edge + release, then a Note 5 and Note 5 Active release together. This makes more sense to me while still slightly flawed, then what they have done, but only time will tell.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Out of the 8 phones my kiosk sold yesterday, 3 were Note 5's and 1 was Edge+. That's more than we sold on launch day of the S6. Of course, the free wireless charger and $150 rebate for upgrading helped!

Sent from my Verizon G4

Reactions: cr6

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
Out of the 8 phones my kiosk sold yesterday, 3 were Note 5's and 1 was Edge+. That's more than we sold on launch day of the S6. Of course, the free wireless charger and $150 rebate for upgrading helped!

Sent from my Verizon G4
Can't really read to much into a sample size that small....

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am getting the S6+ Edge next Wednesday...I can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I can't believe you are leaving the Note 4! I don't see me getting rid of it until the Note 6 possibly. I've even been shopping for a good deal to buy another as a backup. I love my Note 4. Had it for 6 months. I haven't kept a phone that long in I think ever lol

Note 4tified

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I can't believe you are leaving the Note 4! I don't see me getting rid of it until the Note 6 possibly. I've even been shopping for a good deal to buy another as a backup. I love my Note 4. Had it for 6 months. I haven't kept a phone that long in I think ever lol

Note 4tified
Lol...I have been a Note fan for two years...I can't deny the sexiness of that big screen with the curved edges...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am getting the S6+ Edge next Wednesday...I can't wait!

My son went from N4 to S6+ edge. He loved his N4 and is really loving his S6+ edge. Especially if you don't use the s-pen much, I don't think you will be disappointed. If I didn't love my s-pen so much, I would have definitely chosen the edge over the N5.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
My son went from N4 to S6+ edge. He loved his N4 and is really loving his S6+ edge. Especially if you don't use the s-pen much, I don't think you will be disappointed. If I didn't love my s-pen so much, I would have definitely chosen the edge over the N5.

I hardly use my spen....so I think I will be ok. I will report my happiness when I get it