Samsung Fascinate Launched with Known Issues?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
37543_Samsung-Fascinate_front1_LR.jpeg

Verizon Wireless apparently already has an internal "known issues" list floating around for the brand new Samsung Fascinate. Not good news considering the phone was officially released in stores yesterday. There are reports however, saying that a maintenance software update is coming soon. It will be interesting to see how many of the issues below will actually be resolved and how quickly they can get it done.

Continue reading the rest of the article here: Samsung Fascinate "Known Issues" Leaked

Krish

Reaction score
Mm the gps is the only problem id be worried about. But seems as thought i got a decent fascinate i haven't issues yet. But then again i got it yesterday and no time to play with it.

janson745

Reaction score
Mm the gps is the only problem id be worried about. But seems as thought i got a decent fascinate i haven't issues yet. But then again i got it yesterday and no time to play with it.

I agree Krish -- Also, I usually dont even use the GPS feature in search.... No biggie for me...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never thought too much about GPS issues until I got my X and my Droid became a 2nd phone. (I cant say backup cuz I still use it for things right now, it just cant make/receive calls....not activated anymore.)

One of the things I use it for is a stand alone GPS. I'm so glad I can do that with an Android phone not in phone use anymore. If a phone does have GPS issues and it cant be fixed, the value could go down quick when trying to sell it.

But it seems like some ppl are having no GPS issues tho. Some folks do have to realize "use wireless networks" isnt the same as using the GPS satellites. In my case with my Droid, I cant use the "use wireless networks" setting. I cant get Wifi everywhere when out n about. And if its not activated anymore, cant use mobile networks....

The GPS issue is something we gotta keep an eye on tho. I barely use mine, but the times I did it came in real handy.

janson745

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, isnt it only a problem with the GPS on the search function? You can still use the maps and other apps with GPS without any issues.... right?

mtz_gto

Reaction score
remember when you first got the D1? it had the rotery lock screen? then a manditory install was required? (usually the verizon rep updated your phone for you and created entered your google account for you). now we have the straight across lock screen.

that first manditoy update was the same thing samsung is doing now.

K

kbatrph

i've already had issues with getting emails (hotmail and yahoo)...had to download an app called Maildroid to get my emails.....works great now...and what's up with have Bing as the search engine???? Does Microsoft need to have their hands in everything????

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
remember when you first got the D1? it had the rotery lock screen? then a manditory install was required? now we have the straight across lock screen.

that first manditoy update was the same thing samsung is doing now.

Hint: if you use the UD extreme rom (i think 7.0 and up) you can switch it back to the rotary lock screen, thats what i did (;

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
I dont get why every tech review site is bashing the Galaxy S lineup like its the black plague. Given the fact that I loved my D1 from day 1, the Fascinate is light years ahead in terms of stability and quickness given that its only loaded with 2.1 but once 2.2 drops, this phone will be dynamite in speed. I am just waiting until they get a custom recovery option and rom development goes into gear, then this phone will be ultimate.