Samsung Climbs to No. 1 for Android Phones in US for 12/2010

J

JohnDroid

samsung-logo.png

With the help of their Galaxy S class phones available from Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and others, Samsung has climbed to the top of the heap for total market penetration in Android phones in the U.S. This info comes to us from the third party analytics firm Gartner.

In their report they indicate that from Q4 2009 to Q3 2010 Samsung's Android smart-phones jumped from 9.2% to a whopping 32.1% of the U.S. Android market! You can see more on this over at BGR.

By dgstorm

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Love my new Fascinate. If only it had 2.2, a working GPS and good signal... all suppose to change within the month.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week the Moto CEO commented about an event that would impact Moto's first quarter of 2011. Wonder if it will have the same impact on Samsung?

OP
R

RETG

Wonder what their sales figures would have been if the X was distributed over the same number of service providers? Personally, I failed to see the popularity of the Fascinate. In my opinion, the screen was too darn blue for me, oversaturated colors, could not read as good as other screens with polarizer sunglasses on, wasn't really that fast for normal net surfing when comparing to the X, and it felt cheap.

But, others must love it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It runs Android, my fav mobile OS right now.....thats all that matters....lol.

I'm a Moto fan but I just love seeing Android grow like it is. Loving it...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol....thats funny. And probably too true. All I know is I didnt really starting using smartphones for the other things they could do until I got my Droid 1...

I had an Omnia 1 running Win Mo.....sad times back then....it got to the point where I barely used it as a phone...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Love my new Fascinate. If only it had 2.2, a working GPS and good signal... all suppose to change within the month.
i wasnt aware of the fascinate having those problems...and i was just about to use my upgrade for that phone lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yea....its well documented with the Galaxy S line...GPS and lag issues due to the file system(?) also...

IMO...out the box the Galaxy S line is ok.....once rooted and issues fixed(?) its a beast...

IMO...out the box the X is the better phone overall.