Samsung Announces Special Edition Garnet Red Galaxy Tab 2 7.0; Limited Time for $220

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
garnet-red-gtab2-7.jpg

If for some reason the white or black versions of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 just didn't quite get you excited and you were holding out for a Special Edition Garnet Red version, then today is your lucky day! Samsung just announced they will offer just such a beast for a limited time only at $220 bucks! It even includes a matching case!

Wow! You were wise to wait.

Here's a recap of specs, followed by the full press release,
  • 7" 1024x600 TFT display
  • 1GHz dual-core TI processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB built-in storage, microSD card slot
  • 3.2MP rear shooter, VGA front camera
  • Android 4.1
RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J., January 28, 2013 – Samsung Electronics America Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced that a new Garnet Red Edition of the powerful Galaxy Tab® 2 7.0 will be available for a limited time, beginning this week from participating retailers.
The new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, preloaded with Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, showcases Samsung’s commitment to providing users with choice, portability and entertainment. This limited edition version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is competitively priced at $219.99 and also includes a matching Garnet Red case ($50 value) at no additional cost.

A stylish choice perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion

The Garnet Red Edition Galaxy Tab 2 was created for consumers who want to stay connected and entertained on-the-go, and are seeking a unique color offering.

“This new eye-catching version of the Galaxy Tab 2 offers endless entertainment in the palm of your hand, while the stylish Garnet Red look will set you apart from the crowd,” said Michael Abary, Senior Vice President, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “The Garnet Red version of the Galaxy® S III has been incredibly well-received, so we are happy to make the same brilliant color available for our Galaxy Tab 2 as well.”

A compact 7” powerhouse that’s smart and easy to use

The Galaxy Tab 2 is a powerful dual-core tablet running Android Jelly Bean, and features an easily accessible memory card slot for convenient loading of multimedia files in a range of supported file formats.

The tablet offer endless content access in a sleek design that can maximize the home entertainment experience. The Smart Remote App and built-in IR Blaster turns the Galaxy Tab 2 into a universal remote, helping users to easily find their favorite shows and change the channel directly from the tablet. Users can choose from hundreds of thousands of apps or access favorite movies and TV shows from Google Play or Media Hub.

The new Garnet Red Edition Galaxy Tab 2 will be available while supplies last, from Walmart, Amazon.com, Office Depot, Fry’s, Tiger Direct, Toys“R”Us and other fine retailers.

It features a 7” TFT display and measures 0.41” x 4.8” x 7.6”. Weight including battery is 0.76 lbs and it features a built-in microSD slot supports up to 32 GB of additional storage. Connectivity includes WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0 host, and integrated IR for home theater control.

A choice for every consumer

In addition to this new version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung continues to offer the Galaxy Tab 2 in classic black or white in both 10.1 and 7.0 sizes. As well, the award-winning Galaxy Note 10.1 with integrated S-pen is available in black or white as well.
More information can be found at Samsung US | TVs ? Tablets ? Smartphones ? Cameras ? Laptops ? Refrigerators.

About Samsung Electronics America

Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics and home appliance products, including HDTVs, home theater systems, MP3 players, digital imaging products, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the HDTV market leader in the U.S. Please visit Samsung US | TVs ? Tablets ? Smartphones ? Cameras ? Laptops ? Refrigerators for information.

© 2013 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung AND Galaxy Tab are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android, and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other brand, product, service names and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective manufacturers and/or owners. Screen Images are Simulated.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My niece got a GT2 for Christmas and I finally saw it. The screen on it is pure rubbish. I couldn't find anything that looked good on the screen. Obviously the screen resolution is low, but ya...considering you can get a 16gig Nexus 7 with a 720 screen...I guess people who aren't techy and just don't know are the ones buying this tablet. This feels more like a $149 tablet.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My niece got a GT2 for Christmas and I finally saw it. The screen on it is pure rubbish. I couldn't find anything that looked good on the screen. Obviously the screen resolution is low, but ya...considering you can get a 16gig Nexus 7 with a 720 screen...I guess people who aren't techy and just don't know are the ones buying this tablet. This feels more like a $149 tablet.

FYI, I paid $180 for my wife's GT2 8GB for Christmas. The thing is beautiful, and in my head-to-head testing with the GN7 it blew the Nexus away performance-wise. I think you are being too critical, but to each their own.

That said, I can get a regular 8GB GT2 for $200. Is the color worse an extra $20??

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
FYI, I paid $180 for my wife's GT2 8GB for Christmas. The thing is beautiful, and in my head-to-head testing with the GN7 it blew the Nexus away performance-wise. I think you are being too critical, but to each their own.

That said, I can get a regular 8GB GT2 for $200. Is the color worse an extra $20??

Really? Comparing my N7 to my nieces GT2 there was no competition. Oh well you are right, to each their own.

skennelly

Reaction score
I consider myself "techy" and I sold my original gtab 10.1 and bought the gtab 2 7.0. I love it and have had no regrets. I never liked how much real estate the bezel on the N7 took up.