Samsung Aikido Move with Ad Turns Apple Lawsuit Into Marketing Win in Australia

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-tab-apple-appreciation-ad.jpg

Samsung is turning Apple's own strategy against themselves with a new marketing campaign in Australia. They took direct aim at Apple with their new ad campaign and are turning the failed Apple lawsuit into a marketing victory. As you can see from the pic above, they are calling the Australian Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, "The Tablet that Apple Tried to Stop."

The ad ran in the Sun-Herald this week. For even more of "a sting" to Apple, shortly after this ad ran, Samsung Australia's mobile head, credited Apple's lawsuits for making the Galaxy Tab a "household name." He said, "At the end of the day the media awareness certainly made the Galaxy Tab 10.1 a household name compared to probably what it would've been based on the investment that we would've put into it from a marketing perspective." He further added that demand is expected to outpace the supply, which is better than they were expecting before the courtroom drama.

BANG! I think I just heard the sound of a car backfiring...

Now, if we can just get some more victories like this throughout the rest of the lawsuit debacle, then everyone, including Apple, can go back to doing what they do best... creating cool technology!

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net via Engadget

Happystranger

Reaction score
Like it matters at this point? Ipad 2 sales killed the competition this year, and with the Ipad 3 right around the corner...

B-Unit

Reaction score
That may be true in California, but I think its yet to be decided in Australia...

jayman350

Reaction score
Like it matters at this point? Ipad 2 sales killed the competition this year, and with the Ipad 3 right around the corner...

the original ipad had the market cornered pretty well before all these other tablets came out, and there have been what, like 600 different tabs released since then. Apple is always going to have a loyal following, regardless of what changes from the ipad2 to ipad3, people are going to shell out their hard earned money for it.

I say good on Samsung for utilizing the publicity that Apple created for them. Regardless of whether it creates 100 sales, or 10,000 sales, it was Apple being the bully and trying to eliminate competition that got them the publicity.

azules9780

Reaction score
I guarantee you that the publicity that this garnered will get a lot of people to look at it, and at least some of them will buy. Good for Samsung, sucks for Apple because it backfired. Either way, like someone else said, Apple will always have a loyal following but there are more android converts everyday.