Samsung Admits Battery Swelling Issue with Galaxy S4; Offering Free Replacements

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s4-swelling.jpg

Apparently, the Samsung Galaxy S4 battery swelling issue is becoming a fairly widespread issue. Customers started complaining about overheating, endurance degradation, and swelling of the battery. The problem has grown to affect nearly 30% of users by one estimate. Samsung has acknowledged the issue and is actually now offering replacements for those affected.

We are aware of this issue, which has affected a limited number of customers. We ask all affected customers to please visit their nearest Samsung Electronics service centre, where they can receive a replacement battery for free of charge. We remain committed to providing the best possible user experience for our customers.

Sound of if you have experienced this problem.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll check my wife's this afternoon when we get home from work. My DroidX's battery swelled and damaged the screen.

Big Ry

Reaction score
When are they gonna replace the swollen battery on my gnex?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hmm, good to know. I don't recall coming across any of my customers with this issue, but at least I can give them a solution

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Astrix

Reaction score
My Note N7000 replace 4 times in 2 years due to swelling. Why? Cause I do irregular charging :eek:

Blame me on flashing daily and tweaking :p

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android