Samsung Active S4 crashing or overheating?

Sangrael

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4 Active
so this the 2nd day my loyal samsung S4 active started acting up, it is at least 2 years old, very good condition, put it in a otter box 1 week after purchase and since no drops or any such had resulted in malfunctions. But recently it been turning itself off when it still has plenty of battery, like 47%, i know this for a fact because i assumed the battery died and when i plug it in, it tells me shortly after the large charge it still has. When it turns itself off it will turn itself on and get as far as the AT&T symbol before turning off again.

as of today (2/24/16) the OS is up to date, i've deleted a few apps off of my phone reading that they might still be adding to the problem. any other info you might need i'll gladly provide. I'm leaving for a trip relatively soon and naturally i was going to use my phone. was going to root my phone today to remove bloatware but.... clearly this is more pressing, any help is appreciated!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I believe a full repair of the device should help you solve this issue...But first I would make sure you discharge the battery, it sounds like a calibration error.

If you keep trying to turn it on after it turns itself off, this will force the device to see the charge, once it is dead (NO screen flickers), then plug in with device off. Let it charge to 100%.

Do this twice, then use Samsung Smart Switch to repair the device. That's if ATT has released the repair image for the device.

I will be glad to help you with all of this, please message me here, or on hangouts, after you complete the battery calibration I provided

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sangrael

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4 Active
Ok thank you, I'm currently at work so I'll try it tomorrow morning. How will I use the program to repair my device? It looks like a simple program only used to transfer files from phone to computer or phone to phone.