Same Search, Different findings

KCav

Reaction score
On my PC I clicked IE > iGoogle Tools > White Pages. This took me to the WhitePages website. On Line One/Field One, I typed a First Name. I moved my cursor to Field Two and typed in a Last Name. Next I move my cursor to line two. There I typed in a Street Address, followed by a comma, space,and State. I pressed Search. The persons name, mailing address, and phone number appeared. I expected to find the same information when I used WhitePages on my Droid, but that was not the case.

On my Droid from the Main Menu I scrolled left and pressed the microphone icon. The Speaker Screen appeared. I said "WhitePages." The WhitePages website appeared on the Droid same as on the PC. I clicked on People Search, same as on the PC. I thought this is "Great." I pulled the slider keyboard into typing position and typed the same First Name and Last Name as entered on the PC. However, unlike the PC there were not seperate fields for First and Last Name, just one field for Name. I then went to the Address field and typed the same city and state as on the PC. I pressed Search and no matches were found.

Why did searching WhitePages on the PC result in finding the correct information while on the Droid there were no matches found for the same information :icon_exclaim:

KC

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you went though all the trouble of searching that you did. Why not just do a voice search off of Google, why did it have to be White Pages?

You probably could type or say the name of whomever you were searching for and saved yourself a lot of time and trouble.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Ive seen that happen before with google. And it was because when searching google on my phone i was on the google mobile site which returned different results. Not sure y, but seems like may be the same issue you are having.
Try turning off the mobile sites on your phone and re search

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
When I used Google Search rather than Whitepages I spoke the name city state
- First try I paused to long between name and address
- 2nd try I got some information about the person looked for but not the street address and zip - 3rd try I picked what looked like the right person but it took me to some magazine article, I zoomed in and it had nothing to do with what I was looking for.

The Whitepages lists names in the city state - and you can tell from information such as age, wife's name, etc that it is probably who you are looking for...

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
What should I do? What if I turned my Droid off/on?

KC

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
maybe you should just try a different search engine. Maybe whitepages is not the way to go for you.
On second thought if you really want to use a 411-ish service just gall 1-800-goog411. Thats googles free 411 service. ive had really good luck, but since i got the droid i have not had to use it