Safestrap

nikolio

Reaction score
I had safestrap running with my dark droid rom now I wanna get rid of it. Its confusing and I wanna flash liberty. I have the bootstrap but how do I get rid of safestrap? Its not going anywhere as I read the devs don't even acknowledge it really so I just wanna trash it. Do I get rid of clockwork mod? And then reinstall it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you have safestrap installed yes?

I'd suggest keeping it but that's my opinion. If you really want to get rid of it, I'd suggest going back to non-safe mode, going into the Safestrap app and uninstall recovery, reboot and then install TweakedD3bootstrap, if you can find it. The one in the market doesn't allow getting into clockworkmod from an off state, which doesn't help if you are in a bootloop. You'd need to be good with SBF/FXZ flashing.

OP
nikolio

nikolio

Reaction score
Yes I have it installed. Its not that I don't like it I just don't understand how to flash a different rom with it. Im trying to put liberty on my phone. I have the zip on the sd card but im not sure which mode to have it in when I wipe or flash and it confusing.

OP
nikolio

nikolio

Reaction score
Ya lol we talked about this before. I went thru my posts. I figured it out. Running liberty w no problems. What a cool root file explorer. Thank you so much.

OP
nikolio

nikolio

Reaction score
And I'm keeping safestrap. I was just confused.