Sadly giving up on 4G for now...

jawa6969

Reaction score
I got the phone on day one. The first thing I noticed as I looked at the phone as I walked out the door to my car was the 4g icon. Yay, I am on 4g! Wait, where did the icon go? It's pretty much been that way since I have had it. I keep it on Wifi at home. To put it on 4g, pretty much kills having a MOBILE smartphone. Data is the lifeblood of a smartphone and if it is not there, what's the point.

I have tried every single fix read here (and other forums). Including:

Rev A fix
Hard Reset
Pulling Battery and Sim card and placing back in

I have tried everything but take the phone back and complaining (rooted it).

Per the Verizon coverage map, I am (my house) is in a 4g area. On the map, they ask for you address and it say's "I am covered" for 4g. I will note there are a few pockets on the map near my home that is 4g extended. I had been thinking it's just my area. As I would drive around, it would seem to lock onto 4g. But lately, no matter where I go, 4g goes in and out.

When the 4g goes in and out, it is killing all data. It's not like it quickly finds the 3g and resumes data transfer, it just stops. Goes to 1x after a while mostley.

So where I am at right now is that I have forced 3g (using Phone Info app) and now can get reliable mobile data.

Should I be patience with the network and wait it out or should I take this back and ***** (possibly being the device itself)? When does one suppose a possible software fix will be put out for the Thunderbolt?

plongson

Reaction score
So what setting do you use in PHONE INFO for best battery/data etc when no 4g is available??