S7 edge wifi issues

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I'm lousy with searches so it is possible this has posted before. I am having WiFi issues with the S7 I got to replace my Note 7. It seems to disconnect from WiFi randomly but seems to be after not being used for a bit. Internet suddenly is not available (Verizon lte is weak in my house). It is supposedly connected to my ac wireless, says it is connected, but lies. If I turn WiFi off and back on it reconnects instantly and work normally. Is this normal? A bug? Only on mine?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's a setting.
Go into Wi-Fi settings and turn it to always on.

89ac1b62aae394d62b1cc9a35745b048.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
It's a setting.
Go into Wi-Fi settings and turn it to always on.

89ac1b62aae394d62b1cc9a35745b048.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have mine set to stay on always (that might be a bit dumb now that I think about it). My problem is that it reports that it is on and connected but when opening a browser (for example) I seem to randomly get a message telling me no network is available. My WiFi is available and if it was not then it should find the LTE signal seamlessly as all my other phones have done. The solution to the perceived problem is to go to WiFi, turn it off and immediately back on (a message appears that it is on). Then the web is instantly available on the browser. To me it appears that the 'always on' setting is being ignored which would seem to be a bug.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you accepted any software updates recently? Sometimes software updates don't install correctly and can lead to little annoyances such as what you're experiencing.

I hate to say it, but an FDR would solve the issue.

Another thing you could try is forgetting your network settings and then connecting to them again see if that helps. I'd also restart your router before reconnecting your s7 as well.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of issues on the 5Ghz band of my dual band router. The 2.4Ghz band I've had no problems with.

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I had a lot of issues on the 5Ghz band of my dual band router. The 2.4Ghz band I've had no problems with.
Thanks for that. Never thought of it. I am connected to my 5Ghz band. I never noticed this problem before but until relatively recently was on the other band.