S6 Speech to Text issue.

Myphonebroke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
When i speak, the phone types what i say and includes every possible variation. Example:

It makes my speech-to-text unusable it makes my speech to text unusable it makes my speech to text on usable it makes my speech-to-text on usable it makes my speech-to-text unusual

I dont know what to do... but i S2T alot.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did this just start happening? I've seen quite a few posts like this today on other forums, multiple phone models, and seems like it just started happening. Must be an issue with the Google Keyboard app?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did this just start happening? I've seen quite a few posts like this today on other forums, multiple phone models, and seems like it just started happening. Must be an issue with the Google Keyboard app?

Or the text-to-speech engine. I'm pretty sure many different keyboards still rely on the same one.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Or the text-to-speech engine. I'm pretty sure many different keyboards still rely on the same one.
Good point, maybe it's an issue at the Text 2 Speech server?

OP
M

Myphonebroke

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
Few days ago. Google and samsung s-t-t.

Crowdypooster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
The same problem started for meThe same problems started for me two days ago. 2 days ago. Two days ago period 2 days ago period

The above was the result of the current function of "voice to text". I recall that the same thing happened to my Note 3 several years ago, had to disable all updates of Google for it to work. Unfortunately, this is not working now.

I hope someone can sort this out. It makes my phone almost unusable. 80% of my work is done through this function.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just curious, has anyone reached out to Google to see if they are aware of the issue? It may be a problem with their Text To Speech service? Just a thought.

Crowdypooster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
Yes, and wrote on the review as well. It works properly while in airplane mode....so it clearly has something to do with the Google stt server

Crowdypooster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
It looks like they fixed it! Must have been on the server side because there was no update to fix it. Hopefully the fix works for everyone.