s4 first impressions

joemontana

Reaction score
Why? I've read a lot about how great Swiftkey is.
The only thing I like better are the larger buttons

cons: -no number buttons w/out long pressing
-fewer punctuation marks when you long press the period button

I am really curious, why are people dissatisfied with the stock KB and think that Swiftkey is an improvement?

Try SwiftKey. You'll like it better.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Why? I've read a lot about how great Swiftkey is.
The only thing I like better are the larger buttons

cons: -no number buttons w/out long pressing
-fewer punctuation marks when you long press the period button

I am really curious, why are people dissatisfied with the stock KB and think that Swiftkey is an improvement?

Stock keyboard is not great IMO where is auto correct.. SwiftKey after using it for a week will remember the words and I don't have to type plenty times it has the next word waiting.. Change the settings in SwiftKey for long press to quicker time and bam no need for extra line...

Noted 2x~4 beta

jseah

Reaction score
Stock keyboard is not great IMO where is auto correct.. SwiftKey after using it for a week will remember the words and I don't have to type plenty times it has the next word waiting.. Change the settings in SwiftKey for long press to quicker time and bam no need for extra line...

Noted 2x~4 beta

Second this. If it wasn't for the auto correct, I would still be using the stock Samsung keyboard, especially since on the Note II is automatically switches over to the writing pad when you remove the pen stylus.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Second this. If it wasn't for the auto correct, I would still be using the stock Samsung keyboard, especially since on the Note II is automatically switches over to the writing pad when you remove the pen stylus.

You running stock? S pen switcher I get the best of both worlds.. Remove pen and Samsung kb pops up..

Noted 2x~4 beta

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

EMC23

Reaction score
I love the phone. I had a Bionic that wouldn't even update so this is light years ahead. I am thrilled with it. I haven't been able to get all the "fun" features but I am loving it.

To all of you who don't like the stock keyboard, have you tried Thumb Keyboard? I have been using it on several devices and think it is great.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Second this. If it wasn't for the auto correct, I would still be using the stock Samsung keyboard

Same here. The auto-correct on stock keyboard sucks. You have to manually pick the corrected word instead of it automatically replacing it.