s4 first impressions

steeletown

Reaction score
Coming from a S3 to the S4 I didn't expect much of difference between the two handsets, but I must say the overall performance of the S4 is great. It is much faster and smoother then my S3 that I had a custom rom on. I have not experienced any of the lag that others have complained about and the camera takes absolutely gorgeous pictures.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Phones have evolved. They pretty much do everything and each year we keep adding and nit picking

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I love this bad boy. I am not a fan of the keyboard. I guess I will have to get used to it. It has done very well with all that I have thrown at it. Decent battery, killer screen, fantastic camera, and very smooth.

Try SwiftKey. You'll like it better.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola really has been failing lately. Well, here's the scoop. It seem's like phone manufacturers take turns being the best there is. Specifically, HTC used to be the most innovative, best manufacturer. They haven't done so hot in a long while. Motorola took their turn being the innovative ones. Now its Samsung. Anyhow, I think its just a revolving door situation in regards to "who has the best phone."

I think a lot of people got a bad taste in their mouth when Motorola took forever getting the Bionic out and then released the Razr right on it's heals. Not to mention FOREVER in getting updates rolled out. I'm probably done with them too.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try SwiftKey. You'll like it better.

Does SwiftKey have a microphone activation button? The best keyboard I have seen lately is the HTC Stock Keyboard. It has nice large letters, Swype (or trace), and the voice button. Love it!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah. Just press and hold the comma key. Goes directly to voice input. Also has SwiftKey Flow, which is like Swype. Works well. There's a free trial version I think, so worth trying out at least.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Motorola really has been failing lately. Well, here's the scoop. It seem's like phone manufacturers take turns being the best there is. Specifically, HTC used to be the most innovative, best manufacturer. They haven't done so hot in a long while. Motorola took their turn being the innovative ones. Now its Samsung. Anyhow, I think its just a revolving door situation in regards to "who has the best phone."

Good points. It used to be droid x, htc evo was big, now samsung, hmm maybe windows phones too

Anomander

Reaction score
If you have a bionic now, which I just upgraded from, you will love the s4...the battery is 10X better and charges super fast...the only thing I miss about the bionic were the smart actions, which didnt even work correctly after the last update...I will never go back to Motorola after the fiasco with the bionic and how they left us in the dark for so long with the ICS and jelly bean updates...i dont see how u would not like this phone if youve had a bionic...if you disagree please let me know...I would love to hear why
I agree with this. The last update on the Bionic forced my hand to the S4. I was hoping I could limp my Bionic to the fall and maybe pick up the Note 3, but after that last update I was just annoyed with how unresponsive the bionic was and S4 was just looking better and better. I have only had it a day so far and it is amazing how fast it is. I was a little bummed that the signal strength stayed the same (for some reason it just sucks in my house now where it did not seem to before). I love the screen size and the camera is wicked fast compared to the Bionic.

themuttt

Reaction score
Can't say I hate moto or will never go back, it was just time for a break from moto for me. I had the OG Droid, the X, then the Bionic, time to try something different, and that was Samsung. Still learning the phone but liking what I find when I do learn something new. I found that when looking for the next phone, there will always be something on the horizon to smash current phones. I finally bit the bullet and got the S4, and am rather happy with my decision

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Can't say I hate moto or will never go back, it was just time for a break from moto for me. I had the OG Droid, the X, then the Bionic, time to try something different, and that was Samsung. Still learning the phone but liking what I find when I do learn something new. I found that when looking for the next phone, there will always be something on the horizon to smash current phones. I finally bit the bullet and got the S4, and am rather happy with my decision

Congratulations. It's kind of hard to stay ahead of the curved these days with phones. Sounds like you made a wise decision

themuttt

Reaction score
Congratulations. It's kind of hard to stay ahead of the curved these days with phones. Sounds like you made a wise decision

it's impossible. I almost waited to see Moto's big announcement, but decided to go with Sammy and lucky I did as Moto announced nothing

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
it's impossible. I almost waited to see Moto's big announcement, but decided to go with Sammy and lucky I did as Moto announced nothing

Congrats... Good idea.. Waiting for the next best thing will leave you at the alter more times than not.. Enjoy phone.

Noted 2x~4 beta

sapino

Banned
Reaction score
congratulation, but for me prefer to wait for the Xphone, because I know that google's phones never disappoint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 5s prix accessoires galaxy s5

Last edited:

mokes

Reaction score
Another Moto jumper. Still need to change it in my profile.

Love this phone. Had the OG Razr since it's release. Was a great phone, but this is 100 times smoother, faster and easier to use in general.

I will say my wife's DNA is also similar to this phone. Almost as nice and a way better keyboard. Is there a way to replace this keyboard with the DNA one?

Overall, I am very happy.