RUU Restore question

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried, or been able to, restore using the 2.01.*** RUU file? Can't seem to get it to work, via hboot or booted up. I'm simply running rooted stock and trying to test out, but it fails in the middle of sending. Haven't tried the 1.02 file yet, might download it later and see if that works. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to re-lock the bootloader... but I wouldn't think that would matter. (famous last words)

edit: and indeed they were famous as that was required...

:blush:

On another note... oh how I love the RUU.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you relock before trying to RUU? The easiest ones are the .exe ones but if you have the zip, drop it on the root of your SD card and reboot into stock recovery.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you relock before trying to RUU? The easiest ones are the .exe ones but if you have the zip, drop it on the root of your SD card and reboot into stock recovery.

I "assumed" (ha!) I wouldn't have to (using the .exe). Relocking fixed it.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you need a program for flashing the ruu exe? I haven't done it for awhile but I thought there was a program you needed to use but i don't see any mention of it anymore. Now I'm scared of my darn phone again. I want to flash the latest ruu but am feeling lost. currently running extremes. ICs v 3.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you need a program for flashing the ruu exe? I haven't done it for awhile but I thought there was a program you needed to use but i don't see any mention of it anymore. Now I'm scared of my darn phone again. I want to flash the latest ruu but am feeling lost. currently running extremes. ICs v 3.

The RUU is basically a program itself. You have to make sure your phone/computer can connect for adb and fastboot commands, but as long as that's good, the RUU.exe works like a program and walks you through it all.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Damn this phone....relocked and ran .605.11 exe file and it gets to sending signature, runs for about a min. Then I get error (155).....I reboot back into boot loader and I get the error "hboot version is older" error....f'ing HTC partial unlock. Can't a brotha just get back to full out of the box stock?????

maqsur

Reaction score
S-off is now available via unlimited.io exploit. Check threads on xda. You will be able to downgrade to gb rom

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2