Attempting to return to stock

stueck9356

Reaction score
I used ICS for a while today, using a how-to for updating to ICS properly, i believe the method was locking the bootloader, flashing fastboot flash boot, unlocking, going into amonra and installing ICS, then back out and updating PH98IMG. (edit, this is the guide I followed) I do not like the ICS releases, all of them are far too buggy for me to work with..

I have decided to try going back to stock, or as stock as I can. From there removing anything sense-related that I can and working with it until an OTA ICS is released.

So to do this, I downloaded the RUU update utility 1.0.03.3011.exe, from scottsroms (here). I dropped my hboot version to 1.00.000.0 using a zip in amonra, relocked the bootloader, and am now running the update utility. My problem is that It will go through a few initial uploads and then give me error code 155.

Does anybody know how I can get back to stock GB? I also have a "RUU_Vivo_W_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.18.605.3_Radio_1.09.01.0622_NV_VZW1.92_release_199487_si.zip" but am not sure if I install that in amonra the way i would any other rom, or if I do a fastboot flash "filename.zip" and if I would need a GB PH98IMG.zip file.

Any help would be greeeattlyy appreciated!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You should've followed my guide...it at least would've warned you that there's no going back. Unless you take the steps to get S-Off you can't go back to GB. This isn't like the moto days and an SBF would take you wherever you wanted to be. RUU's are forward only(unless you're S-Off). You can however install a GB ROM with the "new firmware patch" but that's about as good as it gets.

OP
S

stueck9356

Reaction score
I understand that I can't go to complete bone stock. I used the rooted GB RUU on scottsroms.com, and his PH98IMG. I am back on GB for the most part, but my SD card will not mount and although my camera works, nothing happens when i hit the shutter.