running ics, wanting jelly bean

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
I just got a galaxy nexus, through verizon, I want the new jellybean update but I do not know how to get a leak on it or where to look someone help please?

bitter

Reaction score
First, you need to unlock your bootloader and root your phone. I'll try and find a good tutorial for you.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Are you unlocked with a custom recovery? If not, that would be step 1. Since there isn't anything official out for the Verizon GN, you need to use a custom recovery to install it on your device.

Edit: Beaten by a mile. That teaches me to answer the phone while I am browsing the interwebs.

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
No its only like a day old, I haven't done nothing to it, its been a while since ivy rooted a devoid so I'm nervous about rooting this nexus, and plus I do not have internet so I'll have to spend a lot of time at starbucks trying to download what I'll need

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
No its only like a day old, I haven't done nothing to it, its been a while since ivy rooted a devoid so I'm nervous about rooting this nexus, and plus I do not have internet so I'll have to spend a lot of time at starbucks trying to download what I'll need

You don't need a ton to unlock and get a custom recovery installed, Drivers + SDK + custom recovery.img . The ROM is definitely going to set you back, as JB ROMs have been clearing 200MB with Gapps. You also probably would want to download some files to recover just in case something goes wrong. You also would probably want to familiarize yourself with the method to flash back to stock/lock, since you wouldn't have access to the internet otherwise.

Personally I almost would advise you to wait until you either have easier access to an internet source that isn't your phone and/or once JB ROMs get a little more stable. There are still hiccups with almost every one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Easiest way to unlock and root is Wug's Toolkit.

rjcapp

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
Personally I almost would advise you to wait until you either have easier access to an internet source that isn't your phone and/or once JB ROMs get a little more stable. There are still hiccups with almost every one.

Please take this advice seriously!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

lozzt

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as far as wanting JB... I am going to wait for a stable mod like everyone else is saying. I do have a Nexus 7 on the way so I'm hoping that will keep me occupied in the mean time =p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
lozzt said:
I'm in the same boat as far as wanting JB... I am going to wait for a stable mod like everyone else is saying. I do have a Nexus 7 on the way so I'm hoping that will keep me occupied in the mean time =p

Plenty of stable ROMs out right now. I'm on jelly belly 3.3 which is based off of source for Verizon.

gernerttl

Reaction score