Running and closing apps

timandjes

Reaction score
I have an HTC Thunderbolt and I've got alot of apps on it. I close the apps and later find they are running again. How do I control what's running when? I want to make sure I don't close my phones ability to receive calls, text, or email, but I do want to close programs I'm not using and I'd like for them to stay closed until I open them again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
No need to worry about it. These apps are not actually running, they are just sitting in memory waiting to run if you want them. If Android needs the memory it will dump them from memory and use it for something else.

OP
timandjes

timandjes

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks. I'm using Netqin Android Booster and it shows orange stars across the screen and it seems (if I'm using it right) that when some of the stars to the right aren't filled in, it says "problems detected" and says please repair. When I click the "optimize" button, all I can see that it does is close apps and tells me how many mb's I just closed. That seems good at the time, but a few minutes later, I can close them again, (even though I didn't open any apps), and it seems to find more to close that mysteriously opened, or so it seems to say.

This may be what happens when an old man buys a phone that's way too much technology for me to understand... :(

OP
timandjes

timandjes

Reaction score
Wow. Very good information. Thanks so much. I watched the video and read the posts and I now see that app killers appear unnecessary. I did read that some people keep them for only rare occasions when an unresponsive app needs to be closed. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks again for the great info.

Tim

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I did read that some people keep them for only rare occasions when an unresponsive app needs to be closed. What are your thoughts on that?

You could always kill rogue apps through Manage Applications, but it is quicker and easier with a task killer so I do keep ATK on my phone just in case.