[Rumor] Zuckerberg Forcing Facebook Android Developers to Use Android App

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
facebookandroid.jpg

Everyone knows that Facebook's Android app has been less then stellar, and there's a rumor going around that Mark Zuckerberg has had enough. Reportedly the Facebook CEO is forcing the social networks Android developers to use the Android app so they can witness first-hand some of the problems that plague its users. Currently this is only a rumor, but let's hope it turns out to be true and that they end up putting some heavy work into the app. Let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phandroid

silverfang77

Reaction score
For a moment, I thought you meant anyone who uses the API and that we would all be forced to use it. If he forces his people to use it and improve it, I'm all for that. I use FriendCaster Pro and think it's light years ahead of the official app.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Its got great features (unlike the original version way back when), but none of them work right lol. Who here actually gets notifications properly? I get a random notification every month or so. Its been this way on 3 different model devices and countless roms. And that's just one of the many problems I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
i got rid of the app on my phone. less time wasted reading stupid sh-tuff, wayyy less battery drain and im generally happier because im not reading tumblr quote pictures or terrible memes internet impaired people make

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Removing the Facebook app was one of the best decisions I've made for my device. That being said, if this rumor turns out to be true and the developers get their sh*t together and compile a lean, functional app, I might have to give it a second chance. For now, I'll just stick to the mobile page (which itself is less than stellar).

razingkane

Reaction score
Well, back in the day when I was developing SW we actually used the SW during development/testing/after release. No one had to tell us to use it, that's just what you did as a SW developer. The fact that he has to instruct his developers to actually use the app to see how bad it is.....is sad.

deborah3756

Reaction score
It's about damn time! FB for Android sucks big ones!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

Beskidia

Reaction score
Finally they will see the issue, and now i know why it sucked for so long. their android devs are using apple devices so they couldn't possibly feel our frustration. makes you think they were laughing at us the whole way as they keep breaking the app update after update :mad: