[Rumor] The Android 4.3 Update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is Already in Testing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-Android-43-Jelly-Bean-update-testing.jpg

According to a Tweet from yesterday, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 may be getting Android 4.3 in the next couple of months. SamMobile's Tweet indicated that Android 4.3 is already in testing for the GNote2, so the update could be out as early as November or December. This is great news for folks who were looking to stick with their GNote2 for a while. Of course, for folks looking to make the switch to the GNote3 when it launches soon, it will already have Android 4.3 on-board.

It's interesting that a rash of phones will be soon getting the Android 4.3 update, when it's possible the Android 4.4 KitKat update will soon be launched by Google. Of course, testing new software on older hardware always takes time, so this phenomenon is nothing new for Android.

Source: Twitter - SamMobile

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'd read a rumor that it would be starting to push in October. I don't mind waiting a little longer. I'm still apprehensive about a Verizonized update From the Inc 1 to the Rezound every update I've gotten has broken something or took away a previous feature. Even back when you had to install your own updates from the desktop using the Verizon update tool for Windows Mobile the updates broke something. Heck the download tool on my desktop broke my network and connections inside the desktop. That was a lot of fun to get going again.
If it takes a little longer because they actually get the bugs out it'll be worth it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notetoo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh, wake me up when we are ready to eat some KitKats!

I'll have to see it in writing that the Note2 will get KitKat before I'll believe the phones will get it. Google might want it to happen but I don't see Verizon being that customer oriented to push it out.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate