Rumor Suggests Android L Will be Named Lemon Meringue Pie

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
aosp-lmp.png

If this latest intel is accurate, then Google is planning to continue their tradition of naming each version of Android after a desert. Supposedly, Android L will be called Lemon Meringue Pie. While this is not really the kind of earth-shattering news that will make or break your day, it's still worth sharing.

We are a bit skeptical of this rumor only because it seems strange that Google wouldn't have already called it Android Lemon Meringue Pie when they announced it as Android L during Google I/O earlier this year. Stranger things have happened, and there is nothing stopping them from returning to their previous pattern.

Despite our skepticism, the intel is very solid. Developers have uncovered several instances of the next Android OS being described as "LMP." These have been found amongst the WiFi certification docs, to the Android Open Source Project repository and more.

Of course, if you remember, the previous iteration of Android was called "KLP" (for Key Lime Pie) right up until they finally launched it as KitKat instead. They could still come up with an entirely new desert name or ditch the deserts altogether.

Source: AndroidPolice

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Or L. ;)

Sent from my XT1060

D

Divergent

Lemon Pie is a beautiful name, Lemon Merinque Pie is far too long.

I like stuck for stuck every Android name except "Jelly Bean" because it sucks

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Android L doesn't fit the naming convention they've been using ... I'll go with LMP. People just use KK for KitKat anyways, what's an extra letter gonna harm :),

Just had me some LMP earlier today actually

D

Divergent

Android L doesn't fit the naming convention they've been using ... I'll go with LMP. People just use KK for KitKat anyways, what's an extra letter gonna harm :),

Just had me some LMP earlier today actually
Agree, +1