[Rumor] Samsung Working on Monster 5.8-inch 'Galaxy Foneblet'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tabletphone-funny-pic.jpg

As if the 6.3-inch Galaxy Note rumors weren't enough, today we have a new rumor from the Samsung camp. Supposedly, the Korean company is working on a 5.8-inch monster "Galaxy Foneblet." Now, glancing at this rumor, we find this a bit easier to believe than the previous 6.3-inch story, but that doesn't mean we buy it just yet. Apparently, this device is simply one of Samsung's 5.8-inch media players that are already sold in Korea, but with phone functionality added to it.

What do you guys think? Do you think Samsung might be considering a device like this, and if so, would you consider buying it if it came to your area of the world?

Source: BGR

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would buy ..very seldom use my phone without bluetooth anyway. doubt it's being considered though.

would be better if moto made one.. better radios IMO

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I would buy ..very seldom use my phone without bluetooth anyway. doubt it's being considered though.

would be better if moto made one.. better radios IMO

Yeah, radios are the one thing Samsung stinks with. I get horrible service on my Galaxy Nexus, anyways. I still prefer Samsung devices to Motorola overall, though.

Tonik

Reaction score
Yeah, radios are the one thing Samsung stinks with. I get horrible service on my Galaxy Nexus, anyways. I still prefer Samsung devices to Motorola overall, though.

S3 and Note 2 have solid radios. Maybe things have improved?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
No complaints on Call Quality on my S3

Nice95gle

Reaction score
Yeah the Note 2 radio is pretty solid. Haven't dropped a call since picking it up back in Dec. And I live in an area that's a dice shoot when it comes to service.

Batman8

Reaction score
I like the idea of the size, but I wouldn't consider it since it's only .3" bigger than my Note 2. It would probably have to be at least 6" for me to consider it but I'd have to also see how it feels in the hand. The Galaxy Note 2 is half an inch bigger than it's predecessor the Note 1, but feels smaller/thinner since it's kind of scretched out/taller, so for me it all depends on how it's designed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Radios on the s3 and note 2 are significantly better than what they used on the Nexus. Though Moto still uses the best radios, Samsung isn't as bad as they used to be.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Radios on the s3 and note 2 are significantly better than what they used on the Nexus. Though Moto still uses the best radios, Samsung isn't as bad as they used to be.

for sure. sammy definitely cut a lot of corners on the GNex..which stinks but is understandable. they dont wanna compete against themselves

Reaction score
The first 3 batches of s3 had bad radio's in them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums